Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Everyone should own...

bubs_42

I sure love mine! Plain orange spruce top and I LOVE the Bigsby. I just put a Vibramate on it and I like that too.

I had Rumpeltrons in it for a long time but they went back in the Artist so I settled on a Rumpel HB sized P90 in the bridge and an HB-sized alnico rod single in the neck. It is within arm’s reach right now.. I love how it can go from sweet and airy to full on rock just like THAT! They are cool indeed.

2 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

I had a Newport.  A really nice guitar - with the Seths.  The neck and I didn't get along.

Maybe a chunky neck gold top will become available in the future.  I'd more likely than not go for something like that.

You may have had an early one. I'm pretty sure the Vintage Carve was standard by mid '04. I've had two '04s, an '05, '06 and two '07s all with the Vintage Carve. A nice palm-filling piece of lumber that feels good. 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, gtrdaddy said:

You may have had an early one. I'm pretty sure the Vintage Carve was standard by mid '04. I've had two '04s, an '05, '06 and two '07s all with the Vintage Carve. A nice palm-filling piece of lumber that feels good. 

Mine was an '02. 

Vintage carve sounds like that's the way to go.

They surely look good.  Are they fully or partially hollow?  No offence to Bigsby lovers but I can't help thinking those trems look more like farming machinery, or something out of an S&M dungeon or maybe a 2-in-1 giant bottle opener & boiled-egg slicer.

5 hours ago, Mr. Dave said:

They surely look good.  Are they fully or partially hollow?  No offence to Bigsby lovers but I can't help thinking those trems look more like farming machinery, or something out of an S&M dungeon or maybe a 2-in-1 giant bottle opener & boiled-egg slicer.

I thought like that too....until I played my first nicely set up Bigsby when I bought my Newport. I love it. Different yet very cool. Yank me crank me.....I AM ALL OVER THAT WANG BAR...

I have Love/Hate relationship with my Newport. Yesterday I was thinking of selling it. It's a great guitar, but the hollow body thing does not sound right to me through my old JMP and 4x12  cab. It's to thin, no oomph. The Monaco III is twangier, but has a better rock tone and sounds better loud, with gain. The Newport is great with small Fender amps. I play it almost only at the house these days. Monaco III vs Newport = MIII wins every time.

I had the original in orange sparkle with the Bigsby and PhatCats. Wonderfully alive and expressive guitar. But... mine had a dead spot on the neck. It would swallow notes played there. Never had another guitar do that. Otherwise I would still have it. 

Archived