Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1979 Sunburst - *SOLD*

I'm looking to move this Sunburst I've had for a total of 10 days. Just doesn't feel right to have. I'm worried about it getting stolen, broken etc. if I use it live and out of the house, and of feeling guilty for keeping it at home and not using it to it's full potential. Whatever. Short form - It's not for me. 

OHSC included, it's functional, but a bit beat. 

I'm in Canada (postal code K7K 0C4), but the Good News - CITES for shipping finished instruments with rosewood comes to an end on or after November 26th. http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/its-official-cites-are-ending-rosewood-restrictions-november.

*SOLD*

No longer interested in any trades. Thank you :) 

IMG_8801.JPG

IMG_8802.JPG

IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9038.JPG

IMG_9041.JPG

IMG_9058.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

1 minute ago, Dave Scepter said:

This photo by the window reminds me of the infamous Kermit by the window photo😆JyYZmjT.png

yuCp8xf.png

It is exactly that. Let me out to be with someone who will properly love me ;) 

Very cool guitar but a shame it didn't work out for you,........................your doing what you feel you have to do and it is your guitar so............... I  had 2 1979 Hamer Sunbursts and sold them both..................with regrets, but it was the right thing to do. GLWTS

28 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

You could have at least sent a PM declining my $350 dibs call. 

Ah shit, I am very sorry for not doing that. I really haven't outright rejected it yet. 

Thank goodness this sold, I didn't want to buy a guitar and have to hire a divorce attorney!   Congrats to the seller and the new owner. 

Hamerica

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes! Looks like i undercut myself quite a bit here ;)https://reverb.com/item/30149985-early-vintage-1979-hamer-sunburst-guitar-usa-wilmette-illinois-serial-9-1305

Good luck to him if he can get it. Told me he always wanted one. Grew up in the neighborhood where they were built, yada yada. Now hes got two and selling them for a mint each. Weird coincidence. 

3 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Good luck with that sale!..........................looks like a "KEEPER" .................. well it is for the seller at that price!..................either guitar. There is a very early Long Headstock,Bound and Crowned ,1977 Hamer Sunburst with [Serial number # 0016] the OHSC  for ...................................https://reverb.com/item/13401366-1977-hamer-sunburst-0016-long-headstock-bound-and-crowned-w-ohsc If I  was spending that kind of money on a Hamer Sunburst I know which one I would buy. No dig on your guitar, it was nice and it was unfortunate it didn't work for you,glad you were able to sell it. When I see someone selling a guitar/s like this I think.     giphy.gif

Archived