Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Nash T68 Thinline

Camstone

Needed a Tele with a trem for a new project. This is where my GAS led me. Found it on the Guitar Center website.

Just showed up yesterday. I think I am gonna like it. If you ordered this from Nash it would be high dollar. The thinline body, Bigsby, binding and maple top are all options. Has Lollars in it.

I'm going to send the neck to Murkat Jay to put the period correct Fender decal on it, like he recently did on my Nash S63.

20191114_131621 (768x1024).jpg

10 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Holy hell that's nice!  I need to get my bigsby equipped guitar up and running properly one of these days.

Yeah, I took this picture yesterday when I picked it up at the Seattle Guitar Center (it was shipped there from Sacramento). This morning I pulled that Vibramate plate off the back of the Bigsby, restrung it, intonated the bridge and adjusted the truss rod slightly. It's pretty much dialed in now. I have a few Bigsby equipped guitars and for my style of playing, they work great.

The Vibramate helps make restringing easier, but greatly reduces the sensitivity of the trem. There was one on the Bigsby on my Newport when I bought it and it came off too. 

Get the Callaham upgrades for the Bigs, it'll change your world.

Or even better, replace that Bigs with a Duesenberg.  Like going from a Pinto to a Lamborghini.

2 hours ago, Camstone said:

Yeah, I took this picture yesterday when I picked it up at the Seattle Guitar Center (it was shipped there from Sacramento). This morning I pulled that Vibramate plate off the back of the Bigsby, restrung it, intonated the bridge and adjusted the truss rod slightly. It's pretty much dialed in now. I have a few Bigsby equipped guitars and for my style of playing, they work great.

My guitar came with a B50 installed from the factory, which is the licensed version. I have heard mixed things about how good it is at staying in tune. The more important thing though is that I'm pretty sure it just needs a whole new nut cut. I LOVE the sound, but the bigsby action has always made me sad. I am NOT a whammy person. I like slight vibrato, and maybe a little detune or spanking the arm when I have some nice feedback going.  So we'll see what happens when I unbury it from under tubas.

3 hours ago, RobB said:

That post answered any questions I had about the Vibramate. Thanks!

I just put a Vibramate Spoiler on my Newport. I think it looks good and doesn’t detract at all from the looks. The biggest mod other than pickups on my Newport was the Reverend Soft Spring on the Bigsby. Made a world of difference. I just finished playing it.

Very cool,  love Nash stuff had four now down to two esquires.   Imho never had any problem selling a Nash with a Nash logo.   Once you swap the logo you start hearing from people who want a forensic investigation of the entire guitar (with no intention to buy of course) and Less hassle from reverb, gear page IP police.   

6 hours ago, DaveL said:

Very cool,  love Nash stuff had four now down to two esquires.   Imho never had any problem selling a Nash with a Nash logo.   Once you swap the logo you start hearing from people who want a forensic investigation of the entire guitar (with no intention to buy of course) and Less hassle from reverb, gear page IP police.   

I figure that Nash is already in the Fender forgery business. I'm just going to finish the job.

Archived