Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Does anyone have a wiring shot of an early Prototype?

bubs_42

I have one or two, LOL I just noticed my 82 is wired with the pickups going to the tone control and wired in with the Cap. Is that the freaking magic that we all here when you turn the Tone know off? These have all kinds of tones in them that I love. 

No clue. My old prototype I built from a stripped chassis. Got the guitar completely stripped of everything, it was just the body and neck, maybe the tuners, too. I sourced everything else out and wired it all myself. 

You know, back when you could get a sustain block bridge for less than the cost of your first born...

Another one of my Hamers I probably never should’ve sold...

I moved some wires this morning and it does in deed look like the above picture. So then, why in the hell are the controls so active? The middle position tone knob trick I use all the time and heck, just rolling the tone knob off is cool. Volume knob works without a treble bleed all the way to zero. The only other guitar that does this for me is my Twin Town Tele, I built using some fender custom shop pots that they don't make anymore. These two guitars just kill, the Proto has always been my favorite Hamers. For me its the Prototype and the Newport for best Hamer. 

Archived