Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - New crop of USAs on Reverb

No affiliation.

1996 Studio Custom (P90s, Goldtop, Hameritis Special Edition) - We discussed this one's finish anomalies on the "Ask" section a month or two ago... $949

https://reverb.com/item/29765639-hamer-usa-studio-custom-goldtop-1996

1996 Studio Kool Blue - that finish!!! $1249.99

https://reverb.com/item/29764461-hamer-usa-studio-electric-guitar-1996-kool-blue-w-hard-case

Also, a 90s Artist for $1250 and an '81 Standard for $5k have popped up in the past 24 hours.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, Hfan said:

What was the verdict on the finish “bubbles”? Anyone with a link? Never saw that before. 

No verdict, per se, but hypothesis is a very hot and humid day in the shop and/or a water gun fight... lol!

1 hour ago, joshoowah said:

No verdict, per se, but hypothesis is a very hot and humid day in the shop and/or a water gun fight... lol!

Or maybe Pizza Friday. Hameritis sucks. 

I like the gold top Studio with the P-90 pickups. If I bought it, I would rock that guitar onstage! I have Hameritis finish issues on my '98 Artist Custom at the heel of the neck and around the nut of my guitar. I'm guessing that if you wanted to be rid of the finish bubble issues, you would have to have the neck sanded down and refinished. I'm not bothered with the Hameritis finish on my Artist Custom, but if the finish started to blister, I would take it to a shop to address the issue. 

Guitar George

On 11/20/2019 at 3:11 PM, kanegon said:

Or maybe Pizza Friday. Hameritis sucks. 

Never seen it present that way. I have one with a little around the neck heel of my Studio. During the CL meet with the seller. I pointed it out to the seller as the dreaded Hameritis and got a nice discount.

Hypothetically, how much would you think for a total strip down and nitro re-finish? One with a bad case bought cheap then re-finished may be an option.

Archived