Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar Shop Recommendations in Denver

shankyboy

Flipside Music. They are on YouTube and friends with Texas Toast guitars guys. They are all some cool dudes. They have more pedals than I can count and much more. They just had a Vola guitar clinic there recently. Mike Learn is also friends with all of those fellas.

If you have a car, I'd say take the drive to Louisville (on the way to Boulder) to hit Wildwood.

I think I've bought three guitars from Wildwood (including a Hamer!), so I was a reasonably good customer.  I called them a few months ago though, and they said that I should call back because "they have someone really famous they're selling a guitar to right now."  Fuck 'em.

6 minutes ago, fractal said:

I think I've bought three guitars from Wildwood (including a Hamer!), so I was a reasonably good customer.  I called them a few months ago though, and they said that I should call back because "they have someone really famous they're selling a guitar to right now."  Fuck 'em.

Sorry about that!  I ended up not buying that guitar.

3 hours ago, fractal said:

And sorry that happened, but Chris’s response made me laugh at 3:00 am....

Wildwood is one of the best guitar shops in the world!  They are the largest Fender Custom Shop dealer in the world too...  I've purchased several guitars from them and their long-time sales guy Bruce is a personal friend.  Very knowledgeable and easy to deal with...  Highly recommended!

7 hours ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

Wildwood is one of the best guitar shops in the world!  They are the largest Fender Custom Shop dealer in the world too...  I've purchased several guitars from them and their long-time sales guy Bruce is a personal friend.  Very knowledgeable and easy to deal with...  Highly recommended!

But do try to call during non-famous-people hours.  ;) 

I managed to make it by Wildwood Guitars today. They moved to a new location just a few days ago so the GPS took me to their old location first where the new address was on the door. 10 minutes later I was at the new location. Very nice store. They had a lot of nice guitars but I didn't see anything that I just had to have. The owner told me that the vintage and custom shop items were in the back storage and you had to go to their website to see the inventory and then tell them which one you would like to see. Not sure I agree with that concept. Best part of the visit was that Greg Koch was there shooting some videos so I got to meet him. Very nice and funny guy. The owner told me that he is there once a month to shoot videos. 

Greg is a jaw-droppingly incredible player and. Funny and entertaining human as well.  I’ve been fortunate enough to catch a couple of his clinics over the years, and although he is humbling to watch, you always learn something cool!

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Greg is a jaw-droppingly incredible player and. Funny and entertaining human as well.  I’ve been fortunate enough to catch a couple of his clinics over the years, and although he is humbling to watch, you always learn something cool!

He's done a couple of clinics at Matt Smith's studio but I was unable to attend at the time. I need to make it a point to go next time he does one there. 

Archived