Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The MC5 and the Bob Seger System-live in Birmingham, December 1970

Here's a link to another freelance piece I just got published on the website for a consortium of several large newspapers. It seems like it's laid out a bit awkwardly (different paragraph installation from what I submitted) but it still makes sense.

https://www.al.com/life/2019/11/the-night-the-original-punks-came-to-birmingham.html

Enjoy. Your comments invited.

"For the encore, Seger brought on another musician who he introduced as his new guitar player."

Was this Tom Neme, I wonder? He was my first guitar teacher. He was brought in to be Seger's equal in the band for the Noah album, but that didn't end well. The rest, as they say , is history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_(The_Bob_Seger_System_album)

On 11/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, MCChris said:

"For the encore, Seger brought on another musician who he introduced as his new guitar player."

Was this Tom Neme, I wonder? He was my first guitar teacher. He was brought in to be Seger's equal in the band for the Noah album, but that didn't end well. The rest, as they say , is history.

I'm pretty sure this was the first Seger album I got.  I'm also pretty sure that, given my financial straits at the time, it was a cut-out.  The liner notes were all about Tom Neme, who apparently was the second coming of Christ.  There were a couple of tunes I liked, I recall but most of the record was dreck.

Nice read. Thanks for posting.

Back in the day. The MC5, Bob Seger, or The Dukes were the reason little boys from Coldwater saved their pennies, nickles and dimes all week to have enough to pay for gas  so we could do the hundred miles to Detroit on Saturday night!

I know we are not suppose to be political here but

For those that remember those days, the MC5 are currently running last in next years RnR HOF voting. And it hurts to see that. So if you got a minute

PLEASE VOTE! https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock%20Hall%20Fan%20Vote#spf=1574436576045

3 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Somewhere out there there's some live footage of MC5 at a college campus.  Michigan State, maybe?  It rawks hard.

HERE at TARTAR                 

^^^Fine tuning RE the Wayne State video:

1. Kramer's playing a hyper-rare Ampeg black guitar (instead of clear)

2. Note how many times Thompson loses his sticks.

3. Kramer's "goodfoot" move shows up around the 0:55 mark and also at the end of the song. He was just as cocky at B'ham on the same song

Archived