Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: KK Downing's Hamer Mini V, Virtuoso and Vector

6 minutes ago, chromium said:

There's a good lookin' Standard belonging to James Honeyman Scott on the block there as well...

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/13312/lot/2312/

I thought that one sold years ago?

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I thought that one sold years ago?

Regarding Honeyman-Scott, I thought it did as well. Whatever happened to the Honeyman Prototype? 

32 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Wow, I wonder what has motivated this. Those are some pretty legendary guitars, both for Hamer and Judas Priest fans.  I hope he's still playing.

KK's Shropshire golf complex went bust.

Oh, man.... This is killing me. He’s even selling off all his album awards, too. Painful. 

I just feel so bad he has to sell almost everything. The fact he put his SONG RIGHTS up as collateral for that stupid golf course blows my mind. Those are worth ~$200k in income PER YEAR. He was clearly foolish with his investments/decisions. But it’s sad to see someone have to get rid of so much after such a long career. 

18 hours ago, devrock said:

Oh, man.... This is killing me. He’s even selling off all his album awards, too. Painful. 

I just feel so bad he has to sell almost everything. The fact he put his SONG RIGHTS up as collateral for that stupid golf course blows my mind. Those are worth ~$200k in income PER YEAR. He was clearly foolish with his investments/decisions. But it’s sad to see someone have to get rid of so much after such a long career. 

It is a classic case of someone being good at one thing and then erroneously assuming they are good at everything. 

How many professional athletes have gone broke opening night clubs, restaurants and wineries? 

On 11/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, Dave Scepter said:

A Maple neck, Floyded, single volume Hamer Vector... Oh my~:unsure:pXQn1Hd.png

S5aDO6u.png

That's a cool guitar and I've seen him play it onstage. Is the fingerboard scalloped on it? It looks like it. Either way, what an awesome guitar!

Guitar George

Archived