Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: KK Downing's Hamer Mini V, Virtuoso and Vector

8 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

It is a classic case of someone being good at one thing and then erroneously assuming they are good at everything. 

How many professional athletes have gone broke opening night clubs, restaurants and wineries?

I remember reading about a Lawyer whose practice was pretty much all tracking down where rich athlete's money had gotten off to. Chase Carlson.

From what I can tell Downing sunk pretty much EVERYTHING he had into this venture, which unfortunately seems like it was a pretty bad idea.   Shoulda called Duff McKagan and asked him what to do with his money.  Instead, he took the Pink Floyd route.

If Downing's situation has people scratching their heads about how things could have gone so wrong, no one has seen the business plan.  We do not know if a team of consultants with a good track record were called in for developing the plan.  Sometimes well put together businesses do not make it. 

At least we are not reading about the tragic death of a rock star or life in the gutter.  Through all of this, KK Downing still seems like a respectable guy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, Steve Haynie said:

If Downing's situation has people scratching their heads about how things could have gone so wrong, no one has seen the business plan.  We do not know if a team of consultants with a good track record were called in for developing the plan.  Sometimes well put together businesses do not make it. 

At least we are not reading about the tragic death of a rock star or life in the gutter.  Through all of this, KK Downing still seems like a respectable guy.

Rounds of golf played are down all around the world as Millennials seem less interested in this past time than the generations proceeding them.   I understand this venture was geared towards the high end market, where the sport has not lost nearly as many participants, but is the guitarist of a heavy metal band the right face to put on such a venture?   I would think if going this route, you'd want to be associated someone with golf lure, like Tiger or Phil. 

On 11/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, Steve Haynie said:

If only those Vectors were something other than red.  I'm not sure I could bond with them. 😄

Yeah, like maybe green and black polka dots!  🤣

Archived