Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Under a rock for 7 years

GusS

Howdy,

Long time to no post. Lost GAS 7 years ago and have not bought or sold anything or visited any gear-related sites since. I want to unload a ton of cool crap I've been hoarding, some of it somewhat obscure, with limited/no local appeal.. such as kewl Hamer guitars.  I don't know what anything is worth anymore. Are the Reverb sold listings the only resource left? I get the feeling that the original asking prices they show in the "accepts offers" listings are nowhere near what most of those guitars must have sold for (eg. 1,800 for a Kahler Phantom A5, 1,500 for a 90s Special FM). Is this forum still a viable selling option for Hamer stuff? Any other forums still happening like TGP etc? Thanks!

Welcome back Gus.

kewl Hamer guitars is what it's about around here so I'm sure you will get some attention with your post.

Prices are all over the place lately. Anywhere from a bit less than a Chinese Epiphone to several grand. Depending on all the usual stuff. Condition, model, condition, rarity, condition, location, condition, time of sale. But mostly desire. Good clean pictures will really help.

Reverb, ebay and gbase are probably best places to check prices. But they can vary a lot from month to month.

Looking forward to seeing your guitars.

D

If you are looking for a reference point, I highly recommend the three fitty formula.  After 7 years at a generous 5% inflation rate per year, all of your guitars are now worth $500.  Problem solved...what ya got?

Wow thanks for the warm welcome. Many familiar names but I have terrible memory. Rockola, I had forgotten about the dildo and the dimarzio. Was it a pay it forward? For what project? Zorrow, I stopped about 2-3 years ago, have we met? Tom I remember you as a very kind mustachioed gentleman. Did you sell me a Deluxe Reverb or a Princeton or something? Did I sell you something? Brooks, the handle is familiar but I don't remember much, help!  Chris, you owe me a blueburst Standard, or was that your brother's? Was I  lusting after a cool red Proto too? Is Peter still around?

I'm extremely lazy but I hope to get around to list some guitars (Chap Custom, OG Cruise Bass, graphic Blitz I-6, 2 Phantom A5s SBT, Phantom GT, BC Rich Ironbird snakeskin )

For a non American the online gear marketplace is looking pretty bleak, what with the crazy shipping prices, ebay's fees & subsequent demise, CITES etc. Is US Fish & Wildlife still intercepting guitars with MOP inlays going cross border? I understand the rosewood ban is being lifted this week. Any other problematic common guitar woods like ebony, korina etc?

On 11/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, GusS said:

Howdy,

Lost GAS 7 years ago and have not bought or sold anything or visited any gear-related sites since. 

The first step is admitting you have a problem. 

😁

Welcome back!

Gus,

Good to hear from you again and hope you are doing well.  Do you atill have your White prototypes with the black binding.  Now that is one sexy beast!!  Drop me. Line at [email protected].  Welcome back

peter

Welcome GusS! I don't think I know you, but it doesn't matter. I'm surprised that you're going to sell some of your Hamer guitar collection, but some of us will give it a good home, if you decide to move them on. 

Guitar George

I'm kinda in the same boat.  Last guitar I got was 5 years ago, but only because i got a bro price (600) for a 90s Gibby Special loaded with 70s LP Deluxe minihums.  Just need to get off my butt and start researching prices and costs (shipping, yikes!).

On 11/23/2019 at 1:43 PM, GusS said:

Zorrow, I stopped about 2-3 years ago, have we met?

Yes, we met... more than a decade ago. 🙂

I “inherited” that Vector you didn’t expect to win when you did bid on it. We met at “le Palais des congrès” in Montreal. You were driving that wagon of yours and you were with your gf, remember? 

BTW, sorry to hear you stopped. I stopped too —my last gig was in 2014. Hope to see you around in the city, though I don’t think we’ll recognize each other. 🤪🤣

On 11/24/2019 at 4:01 AM, tomteriffic said:

Gus, yeah, I sold you a Princeton Reverb.  We pretty much dismantled it to get it through customs, IIRC.  I miss that thing.

Anyway, welcome back.

I still prize it to this day

On 11/29/2019 at 6:18 PM, pablo said:

why at this thread point there is no one pics of those explorers?🤔🤔🤔

What Explorers?

Archived