Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rock amd Roll Hall of Fame Blows It. Again.

django49

So, with all the acts that have been inducted, how have they failed to recognize the Masked Marauders? Who has been paid off?  🙄

That album was a Kim Fowley con. YMMV

And if the R&RHoF was egalitarian/democratic, Paul Revere & the Raiders and Grand Funk R.R. would have been inducted many years ago. I stopped paying attention to that yearly corpulent blob of self-indulgence/self-entitlement a long time ago.

They are a bunch of tools, which is why people like Tupac are in the R&R hall of fame. They want publicity and fans, so they hold off on inducting people so they can always have a nice marketable slate every year.

Steve Miller had nothing good to say about how they treat the actual artists and bands they are inducting.

It IS amazing how many people fell for the fake review in Rolling Stone and ended up actually rushing out to buy that record. This would be the 50th anniversary of "The Fakest Band of 1969".

😎

I view all entertainment awards shows the way I view those star directories. "Ooh, look, my boyfriend had a star named after me!" No, you dumb broad, he was just scammed into paying someone to write your name in a book that anyone could have had printed. I could self-publish a star directory and collect money from suckers to "name" a star after them, too, and my directory would be just as legitimate as anyone else's. 

In like fashion, I could go create my own R&R Hall of Fame and induct anyone I like. What makes their "hall of fame" inductees any more legitimate or worthy than mine? Because they broadcast it? Awards shows are all narcissistic exercises by elitists who believe they matter beyond the entertainment they provide. Watching a monkey run around with a tin cup is very entertaining, but if the monkey could speak, I wouldn't care to hear its opinion on life, politics, or who it believes it worthy of special recognition. 

22 hours ago, mudshark said:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is more remarkable for who isn't in it than who is in it.

I've been waiting for the big "Thanks, but no thanks" by a major and genuine rock and roll hall of fame artist or band.  The Hall would admit the occurrence in an exhibit (a symbolic induction) and the artist/band would get some real mileage out of the one finger salute.  

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

I've been waiting for the big "Thanks, but no thanks" by a major and genuine rock and roll hall of fame artist or band.  The Hall would admit the occurrence in an exhibit (a symbolic induction) and the artist/band would get some real mileage out of the one finger salute.  

I think that Axl Rose, The Sex Pistols and Ozzy refused their nominations.

I have a ramones documentary,  one of the segments was that they had cameras filming their induction.  Cant remember which one but seem to remember them having to buy two tables at their own induction   Oh wait.  It’s a non profit so it’s a donation rather than a shakedown.   ;)    

3 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Some of that is just priceless bullshit, like Mike Love taking a dig at McCartney LOL! In the ladder of life Mike Love isn’t qualified enough to shine Paul’s shoes.

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Alice Cooper said in an interview it would be cooler to be kicked out of the RnR HoF than it would be to get voted in.  Now, he and his original band members cannot help themselves when it comes to bragging about being inducted. 

I actually think that is just schtick. From what I’ve heard, Cooper doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

If Dave the yodeler gets in and Thin Lizzy doesn’t we’ll know all is lost to the demon pop (brainless shitty pop non the less) weasels!! WTF is next Taylor Swift???   

Archived