Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
bubs_42

Sunday Church with Jack Pearson.

I could listening to him play and talk all day. 

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Man, I just finished listening to that video. What incredibly lush, juicy tone he’s got going on there. D’s guitar too! Ooofah!

....and damn, that man can play.

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Like 3

Did anyone besides me see Jack perform with the Allman Bros.? He just tore it up, outstanding. IMO on that day, I didn’t,t care if Betts played at all!

arniez

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, ArnieZ said:

Did anyone besides me see Jack perform with the Allman Bros.? He just tore it up, outstanding. IMO on that day, I didn’t,t care if Betts played at all!

arniez

I saw several of those shows. I LOVED watching Jack play with them. The most memorable perhaps was July 4, 1997, they played outdoors at the equestrian center that was constructed for the Atlanta Olympics the year prior.  It was at least 96 degress at 10pm, but the show was next level.  That was also the first tour they had Oteil on Bass, both Warren and Woody had departed to pursue the Mule. 

• Like 1

When I saw him he played a G&L Legacy Special sounded great! Was really better than he show I saw with Warren Haynes, who is no slouch!!

arniez

This type of musical style isn't my cup of tea or have delved into it to learn any Allman Bros. repertoire, but Jack Pearson is a monster guitarist who studied Duane's style who also his own musical identity & style as well. Much respect from me. I like the way he plays in the video, gets all kinds of tone out of the guitar & amp, and knows the history of what Duane was influenced by or who he learned it from. He also seems to amicable about showing the viewers something about his style of music that he is a versatile musician and has different facets to what he draws from. His playing experience, knowledge of that music's vocabulary, playing technique & style is a treasure trove of knowledge. 

Guitar George

Edited by Hamer95USA

Love everything about Jack Pearson. I am trying to catch him local to me but haven't been able to yet. He seems to play Songbirds a fair amount. I haven't seen any shows there, but they sure do bring in the talent.

Makes me want to yank one of my BF VR chassis and stick it in a combo box with a 15” baffle!

• Like 1