Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Happy & Safe 'Rock 'N' Roll' Thanksgiving Travels To Everyone

crunchee

This old Geico commercial (no affiliation) from 2007 got mentioned this morning on The Weather Channel, when they were discussing travel delays and weather forecasts for the US Thanksgiving Holiday.  Thought I'd post it as I figure everybody's probably already seen enough Allstate Mayhem commercials already, plus no doubt National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie will be on somewhere on TV again this week:  :rolleyes:

Found this ditty on YooToob at the same time...from the John Lennon 'Rock 'N' Roll' album, circa 1975,  I hadn't realized that this particular tune was kickin' around in a music video format!  Watch out for rain and snow this week, and don't forget your emergency supplies:

Love that Lennon video! He was such a pure old school rocker when he wanted to be.

Hangin here in MO for my fave holiday. Waiting on a Lovepedal sale and awaiting my new V47 amp to arrive today!

Happy to say I only have to drive 25 minutes east of here to do the family thing. No crazy snow or freezing precip. forecasted but they are calling for winds gusting as high as 45 mph. Guess there won't be any of those giant balloons flying at the 100th annual T-Day Parade in Philly. :P

I have been retired since August.................................the 30th was my last day,.Just went out and blew snow off the driveway now I'm back inside relaxing. We have company coming here so no driving for me.:)

26 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

I have a full tank of gas and nowhere to go. 

Normally I’d say jump in your car and come on up, but for the first time ever, my wife and I aren’t hosting, and aren’t going anywhere! That said, we’re not working in the kitchen at all this year. In fact we made it a point to go all-out LAZY this year. Dinner tomorrow:

WAWA TURKEY BOWLS!

I know, I know, how pathetic. But ya know what? We don’t care. It will be fun not cooking on Thanksgiving. 

....and mmm Boy, those turkey bowls!

54 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

Blood family is 400 miles away right into the teeth of this wind.  I'll wait it out and go see a bunch of musical family about 70 miles away.

Tomorrow Sir, home, is where the nearest easy-access Turkey is.

🦃 

7 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

I have a full tank of gas and nowhere to go. 

Bit of a drive... but yer always welcome at this Hamer dude's table.

We’re hosting a small group. My wife, son, my mom, my brother and my nephew. It’s at my house. We’re cooking to make sure we have good food. Our bar is stocked better than most restaurants. I’m wearing sweatpants all day and football will be on the tv. 

A glorous day will be had by all. 

Travel safely, everyone...

Cancelled traveling due to impending weather, so now scrambling to make a meal here. I enjoy it more than going out to eat.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Archived