Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TSO Build

Northfield

I’m a huge TSO fan and when @it's me HHBoffered to help make the connection between me and his friend Dustin Brayley, who is an extremely talented player and overall awesome guy, I was beyond excited!  Over the course of the past year, we managed to get the DC prototype into his hands as well as spec out a custom guitar for the tour this year.   I occasionally will hand deliver one of my guitars, and so I took the opportunity to head out to California this fall and hand it off to Dustin just before he headed to the TSO tech rehearsals. I don’t know how you guys that travel with guitars on planes do it on a regular basis - what a PITA, lol.  

Dustin is with the East Coast tour, so I grabbed a few tickets to see the show and the TSO Shishkov in action when they came to Hartford this past weekend.  The show did not disappoint, and it was great to be able to catch up after the show with Dustin and meet some very talented musicians.  

I love making these guitars, and it really brings it home for me when I get the opportunity to watch them being played by such talented people. It’s even cooler when i get to see one of my builds in a show like the TSO.  Thanks for helping to make this happen Bill- as a small builder, it’s not always easy to make the meaningful connections, and the grassroots support is appreciated more than you guys can know.    

So, now that I’ve typed way more than I normally do, let’s get to the serious stuff - guitar pics!  🎸

532B27B9-4A3F-40CE-A1A6-EF989182E25F.jpeg

This is really fcuking cool, Mike!!  

This is uber-cool Mike! Congrats on getting that gorgeous SHISHKOV into the TSO organization. I hope the word continues to grow that your guitars are simply the best made, and best sounding.  Period. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The dot inlays (and side dots) are cubic zirconia stones.   They’re recessed, so it doesn’t change the feel.  Danny Gatton used to do that with his Telecasters so he could see the position markers in dark stages or smoke-dim bars.

I went the TSO show in Sioux Falls a couple of weeks ago. Great show! At the end of the show a little girl walked out followed by one of the guitar players carrying a dark colored guitar. He placed it in the girls hands which she held over her head. Now me being cheap I had nosebleed seats and couldn't tell what kind of guitar 'it was. The whole incident was kinda weird but my thoughts were that maybe this was the guitar. Any chance? 

On 11/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, cmatthes said:

The dot inlays (and side dots) are cubic zirconia stones.   They’re recessed, so it doesn’t change the feel.  Danny Gatton used to do that with his Telecasters so he could see the position markers in dark stages or smoke-dim bars.

Pretty sure TSO won't be hitting the smoky dive bar circuit any time soon 🙃 but that is cool. I notice the recessed dots and I was curious as to what was going on there. Thanks. 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, duncans said:

I went the TSO show in Sioux Falls a couple of weeks ago. Great show! At the end of the show a little girl walked out followed by one of the guitar players carrying a dark colored guitar. He placed it in the girls hands which she held over her head. Now me being cheap I had nosebleed seats and couldn't tell what kind of guitar 'it was. The whole incident was kinda weird but my thoughts were that maybe this was the guitar. Any chance? 

They have been doing this for many years. They pull a kid out of the audience from the front row, and give them the guitar. They are always lower-end guitars. I know someone whose daughter got 2 of them several years ago at shows...but not 2 years in a row. I've seen pictures somewhere (I forget where, or who from, but I'm sure on Facebook somewhere from a member of the band) where there are dozens and dozens of the guitars lined up on tables, waiting to be autographed for these giveaways. I think that currently, the guitars a model of Gibson Les Paul, but I'm not 100% positive about that.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:34 PM, Tortious said:

Do those dot inlays light up? No, they’re CZ - the top, flat surface is flush with the fingerboard, so you don’t really notice them while playing. Dustin said his nickname  is DDB ( Diamond Dustin Brayley), so when we were working up specs these seemed to fit   

Did he have to get permission to do that logo inlay? Dustin took care of it  

Absolutely spectacular. Thanks! 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, duncans said:

Dustin is on the east coast tour, I think you saw the west coast group.  

13 minutes ago, 0054 said:

nary a polka dot either

That would've been even more funny 3 years ago when I last had that Vector. ;)

Congrats to Team Shishkov and to HHB for the assist with the connection so Mike could build the guitar for Dustin.  I

"Thanks for helping to make this happen Bill- as a small builder, it’s not always easy to make the meaningful connections, and the grassroots support is appreciated more than you guys can know." - Mike Shishkov!

People make it happen!   What a great testament to not only Mike and Team Shishkov, but the Shishkov community as a whole.

Very excited for Mike and can't wait to see his next build!

Best wishes,

Hamerica

Archived