Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TSO Build

Northfield

The Shishkov was on stage a lot last night.  Getting a good photo was impossible because Dustin is rarely playing along the front of the stage.  He mostly stays on a platform while Chris Caffery and Joel Hoekstra take the spotlight.  The only time Dustin gets a spotlight is when he is singing, and he does not sing while playing guitar.  For all the great lights in the show, the performers are not often in enough light for taking photos unless they are featured at the moment. 

DSCN2196.JPG

After the second show all the performers sign autographs.  Last year I got a tour book signed by everyone.  This year there was only one new person, and I was not spending another $20 to get another tour book signed.  A friend who loves TSO gave me some of her extra photos which I got signed by some of the members of the group.  They just zip everyone through quickly, and conversation is extremely brief. 

When I got to Dustin I said, "So, blue guitars sound better."  He immediately went off on how there is this guy building incredible guitars like he had discovered the greatest guitar builder of all time, but he was not looking at me while he was talking.  I told him to look at my shirt.  I had on a Shishkov shirt.  He just went, "Oh, ****!" and laughed. 

When I got to singer Robin Borneman he was asking about Shishkov guitars because of my shirt.  I had to tell him to talk to Dustin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived