Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
gtrdaddy

Lovepedal Saturday Night Special is OVER

Out in front is the way I use it and in front of the OD. I do however favor the Echophonic Jr, since it has the volume knob to boost the signal. 

@Jakeboy Chorus Setting? Cough it up! ;) 

• Haha 1

Lol I was waiting for someone to ask or demand! LOL

Delay knob fully CCW

Feedback at 1030

Flutter at 1100

Mix at 1 o’clock

A nice little chorus. Modify Flutter and Mix to taste.

• Like 3

Question for anyone that might know. Is there any difference between the Amp 11 Big Box and the Small Box other than the size of the box? Seems like a big price jump for just a bigger casing. 

4 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Question for anyone that might know. Is there any difference between the Amp 11 Big Box and the Small Box other than the size of the box? Seems like a big price jump for just a bigger casing. 

I don't think there's a price jump. I think normally they're the same price. They both went on sale for about the same price. The big box was on sale for $150 and the small box was on sale for $168. I think usually they're both around $225 regular price.

I can also tell you they sound the same 🙂

Edited by gtrdaddy

13 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I don't think there's a price jump. I think normally they're the same price. They both went on sale for about the same price. The big box was on sale for $150 and the small box was on sale for $168. I think usually they're both around $225 regular price.

I can also tell you they sound the same 🙂

I got the small box for $65 during his last sale. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shankyboy said:

I got the small box for $65 during his last sale. 

That of course is a crazy good deal.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, Jakeboy said:

@sonic1974
I have been using the EPH3 for well over a year now. I love it. It does exactly what I need an echo to do. It provides the echo and somehow doesn’t get in the way of the guitar...even when cranked a bit.I love it so much I sold my Belle Epoch. The EPH3 also has a nice chorus setting that is kind of an Easter egg.

it just works. I did buy an Echophonic this sale cause I want to see if it is even better. I doubt it....the Eph just works really well....and I use it in front of my amps at home as I own nothing with a loop. At the church gig, I run it after my JOYO AC Tone and it sounds great either place. I prefer it in front.

Wow Jakeboy! That's pretty high praise, do you think it's better than the Belle Epoch? Now I'm kicking myself for not getting it at that $50 price!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, Jakeboy said:

@sonic1974
I have been using the EPH3 for well over a year now. I love it. It does exactly what I need an echo to do. It provides the echo and somehow doesn’t get in the way of the guitar...even when cranked a bit.I love it so much I sold my Belle Epoch. The EPH3 also has a nice chorus setting that is kind of an Easter egg.

it just works. I did buy an Echophonic this sale cause I want to see if it is even better. I doubt it....the Eph just works really well....and I use it in front of my amps at home as I own nothing with a loop. At the church gig, I run it after my JOYO AC Tone and it sounds great either place. I prefer it in front.

Hey! 😠

• Like 2

@sonic1974 @RobB No, the EPH3 is not better than the Belle....I LOVED the Belle. I think the Belle emulates an EchoPlex better than any other pedal out there.

But I don’t need much echo and I dig how the EPH just stays the hell outta  the way. I miss the Belle’s preamp. I loved it as an always on effect with no echo. But overall the EPH is just better for me.

I don’t hear the preamp in the EPH near as much....but I do hear perfect warm echos that do exactly what I need an echo pedal to do at an unbelievably low price. It works FOR ME.  I hope the Echophonic is as good.

I cannot stress the biggest selling point for me is how the EPH doesn’t get in the way. Lovepedal Reverbs don’t either. The EPH doesn’t take over and run the show. It hangs out backstage and just makes everything better. 

Edited by Jakeboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@sonic1974 @RobB No, the EPH3 is not better than the Belle....I LOVED the Belle. I think the Belle emulates an EchoPlex better than any other pedal out there.

But I don’t need much echo and I dig how the EPH just stays the hell outta  the way. I miss the Belle’s preamp. I loved it as an always on effect with no echo. But overall the EPH is just better for me.

I don’t hear the preamp in the EPH near as much....but I do hear perfect warm echos that do exactly what I need an echo pedal to do at an unbelievably low price. It works FOR ME.  I hope the Echophonic is as good.

I cannot stress the biggest selling point for me is how the EPH doesn’t get in the way. Lovepedal Reverbs don’t either. The EPH doesn’t take over and run the show. It hangs out backstage and just makes everything better. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Have folks been receiving their Black Friday pedal orders? Getting like a kid at Christmas for my Valve Reamer.

Nothing yet.....

14 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Have folks been receiving their Black Friday pedal orders? Getting like a kid at Christmas for my Valve Reamer.

Got my black Zen this past Monday.  

I am waiting on 4, but they were all 3-6 week wait time so I don’t expect to get them till January.  LPs are made in batches. They will come. But it does require patience.

Hand made in the USA in small batches...  not a typical GC purchase.  Will be looking forward to putting it through its paces whenever it arrives.  Watching for any new special deals, as well. The Pickle and Zen Drive are interesting.  I play Boogies and have not found a distortion or drive pedal that I like better than the amp.  Rave reviews on Lovepedal and couldn’t pass on the sale price.

I"m waiting on my Reverb Pedal from the last sale, and i'm itching for the next sale already! ;) 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Hand made in the USA in small batches

Are they?  My impression was he'd started outsourcing.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Are they?  My impression was he'd started outsourcing.

I of course don't know but Boutique Amp Distribution sources for a number of brands, so maybe they do some of these as well?

I believe he outsources some components but that the pedals are made in Michigan...,and I may be wrong on the components..,.

• Like 2

My Valve Reamer and Black Magic Zendrive shipped last Friday; Champ and Red Moon Tchula will get here when they get here. 

So far I've picked up a 5E3 Deluxe (thanks Jakeboy), low gain Mosferatu, SRV So Naked, and a Pickle Vibe.  I really like the Mosferatu into the Deluxe.  It didn't mush out even with the gain up full on both, and mrs stonge was stunned that that tone was coming from a tele.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stonge said:

My Valve Reamer and Black Magic Zendrive shipped last Friday; Champ and Red Moon Tchula will get here when they get here. 

So far I've picked up a 5E3 Deluxe (thanks Jakeboy), low gain Mosferatu, SRV So Naked, and a Pickle Vibe.  I really like the Mosferatu into the Deluxe.  It didn't mush out even with the gain up full on both, and mrs stonge was stunned that that tone was coming from a tele.

If you do not have a OD11 or Amp11 you must get one. I run mine into the Princeton and its heaven. I took it to the 4321 Club and stuck it in front of Bruce's Carmen Ghia with equally amazing results. I heard no complaints from other players and they didn't even touch a knob that night. But then again, those guys can make anything sound good. 

• Like 4

+1 on Bubs recommendation of an OD11 (which is the old side of the Amp11}. A truly awesome transparent of that works with any of my guitars and amps. 

• Like 2

Just received the Valve Reamer and BM Zen; they sound pretty good but I don't have time to dial them in today. Just got the shipping notice on the Red Moon Tchula too.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

+1 on Bubs recommendation of an OD11 (which is the old side of the Amp11}. A truly awesome transparent of that works with any of my guitars and amps. 

I just put the OD11 into the front of the Budda tonight for the first time. Damn, it works great in front of that amp too! IMHO, it is pretty fair to say that the OD11 may be the Telecaster of Guitar Overdrives. If you going to take one overdrive, it might as well be the OD11 or Amp11. 

• Like 4

My 60's Reverb has shipped! I can't wait to drive the front of my Princeton with it. 

• Like 1