Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
gtrdaddy

Lovepedal Saturday Night Special | Put A Fork In It

I missed the start by over an hour cause I was cranking different Lovepedals through my new V47 amp. I grabbed an OC42 and a baby face trem....so far. I need an Echophonic.

• Like 1

Oh, and the Hi Volt for $50 is crazy good...active 3 band EQ, heavy but clear distortion. It is a hard rocker.

• Like 1

.. and a $50 Pickle Vibe? THAT is a smokin’ good deal.

• Like 1

Damn, sucked in again. Hermida EPH-3.

• Like 1

Had my head up my ass this weekend. Looks like I missed some great deals. I just got my EP3 back from Lovepedal for a repair and they had a super quick turnaround and explanation of repair. I have had nothing but good things to say about their service thus far. 

I want the Chula and the Reverb Trails. Hummm

• Like 1

EPH3 for 50. Bones, you guys are not going to find a better tape echo for 4 times that. Shit 5 times that. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

EPH3 for 50. Bones, you guys are not going to find a better tape echo for 4 times that. Shit 5 times that. 

This is true. 
‘I also grabbed an Echophonic and the 60s Reverb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakeboy said:

This is true. 
‘I also grabbed an Echophonic and the 60s Reverb

I'm going to grab the Reverb, but what about the Chula? I want a Chula but that one? 

I have the Black Mamba Tchula. I have never heard the Red Moon, but some say it sounds like the BM. The BM is a tad darker and greasier than the “regular” Tchula. The BM goes from a light OD to Fuzz with both stages on and dimed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakeboy said:

I have the Black Mamba Tchula. I have never heard the Red Moon, but some say it sounds like the BM. The BM is a tad darker and greasier than the “regular” Tchula. The BM goes from a light OD to Fuzz with both stages on and dimed.

I don't need tons of gain, but I want to run it in front of the Princeton. The COT side of the Amp 11 into any of my amps sound amazing. I think i'll just get the reverb for now and hold out for a stand along COT and mate it with my OD11. 

• Like 2

The Black Mamba doesn’t get fuzzy or heavy until both sides are on and dimed. The rest of it is perfect as an always on light OD. I rarely use the 2nd stage..,but I did dime it for a Hill Country  style blues on my upcoming album. Yeah, the White Foldy COT 50 or Lil China would be perfect in that application, especially in conjunction with the fantastic OD11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reverb OTW, I'm going to hold out for a COT, Lil china ,or COTernity down the line. 

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 2

The Reverb will be fun!

• Like 2

Heck ya, I bought that Princeton for $700 and it loves pedals. I will most likely end up with one of his Champ Pedals at some point as well. 

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Can’t wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mathman said:

Can’t wait!

If you dislike it for any reason, I'll buy it from you. ;) 

• Like 1

I was very tempted in buying the White Amp11 Big Box, but I have to say, the Black one is killer and I love that pedal. I bought two of them a couple of sales ago and gave one to a friend last weekend. He just sent me a text saying he used it on the gig last weekend. That is the first time in all the years we have been hanging that anything that I gave him has made it to the gig. In the studio, on a shelf, but never to the gig. So for me that is the best testimonial I could have received. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

You guys are killing me,,, I'm trying to be frugal here having just bought a Hiwatt clone and blammo, here comes the Lovepedal sale,,, any suggestions B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

You guys are killing me,,, I'm trying to be frugal here having just bought a Hiwatt clone and blammo, here comes the Lovepedal sale,,, any suggestions B)

I heard his next new pedal coming soon is the Hiwatt Clone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mathman said:

Damn, sucked in again. Hermida EPH-3.

Please report back on how that one sounds! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sonic1974 said:

Will do... in two to three weeks

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

@LordsoftheJungle

So many choices....depending upon what guitar type is going into the Hiwatt clone....any basic COT boost is a great start as is the OD11. The 200# will sound incredible through the big clean HiWatt....it is a FF into a Tube Screamer with a tone control so there is no FF woofiness.

Also, the Purple Plexi that is up is considered by many to be the best MAIAB. Oh, and the Shark is selling his Vintage Modern which is a Purple Plexi on one side with a COT on the other right here on the HFC! Great price too. And Vintage Modern sounds tailor made for us Hamer players, huh?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sonic1974 said:

@sonic1974
I have been using the EPH3 for well over a year now. I love it. It does exactly what I need an echo to do. It provides the echo and somehow doesn’t get in the way of the guitar...even when cranked a bit.I love it so much I sold my Belle Epoch. The EPH3 also has a nice chorus setting that is kind of an Easter egg.

it just works. I did buy an Echophonic this sale cause I want to see if it is even better. I doubt it....the Eph just works really well....and I use it in front of my amps at home as I own nothing with a loop. At the church gig, I run it after my JOYO AC Tone and it sounds great either place. I prefer it in front.

Edited by Jakeboy
  • Like 3