Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
gtrdaddy

Lovepedal Saturday Night Special | Put A Fork In It

30 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Hey @mrjamiam, it’s over again, done, finito.

Thanks!  We can all rest easy, until it is ON again!

I avoided temptation this time.  I was asking myself what would get me to move, and I believe that a Believe would have done it.  Or a Super Sic Tone.  But it was not to be.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Hey @mrjamiam, it’s over again, done, finito.

And a little lack luster. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

And a little lack luster. 

Well, apparently part of the charm is that, Gump life style, you never know what you're going to get.  Sometimes it's hours, sometimes it's a week, with a large part of the inventory rotating through.  Next time, whenever it may be, will undoubtedly be different.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

Well, apparently part of the charm is that, Gump life style, you never know what you're going to get.  Sometimes it's hours, sometimes it's a week, with a large part of the inventory rotating through.  Next time, whenever it may be, will undoubtedly be different.

And that's the truth.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, mathman said:

Still waiting on my delay pedal...

I ordered an EPH-3 11/30 and am still waiting as well.  I'm not nearly as enamored by Lovepedal as many here seem to be, but take the occasional plunge in the hopes of something interesting.  I used a Hermida reverb pedal for a long time so I thought I'd take a chance on the delay.

If I buy another Lovepedal it will be used from Reverb and I'll be happy to pay the tax rather than wait some ridiculous unknown amount of time before having something in my grubby little hands.

Sorry to here that @cynic I have yet to fail to recieve anything in a timely manner. The one issue I had, I sent back and they replace it, with a 1 week turnaround. 

I only have the od11 bones for $50, but it sounds amazing!  For the comparison of quality @$50 I won’t complain at this point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mathman said:

I only have the od11 bones for $50, but it sounds amazing!  For the comparison of quality @$50 I won’t complain at this point.

I have been working on buying a Timmy so Doug and I can do a little comparison between the Timmy, OCD, OD11, and the Xotic RC Booster. 

• Like 2

I am still waiting on 2 from the BF sale, but they’ll get here. Lovepedal ain’t Amazon!

• Like 1

Got a tracking number for my Red Moon Tchula.  Meaning number assigned, has not left the building yet.

My EPH from black Friday finally showed up this past Saturday.

• Like 2

Wow!  Got my RMT tracking # today as well...

That was the fastest LP purchase to date.

• Like 3

60s Reverb arrived today. Gonna go play it right now....

• Like 2

....and we have another winner. This is the most natural reverb pedal I have ever, ever heard. I have 3 other Lovepedal verbs...all different...but this is the most natural and the best. It just sounds like a spring reverb tank in an amp. I have had a bunch of other verbs too and they never sound natural...with a couple exceptions. But this was only $75 during the BF sale. I will commit to this verb when I record when I need verb on a track. It’s that good.

• Like 3

Hmmmm, I have emailed him an asked about the order but haven’t received  response. 

• Sad 1

I hope you get that figured out mathman. I have had nothing but good dealings with Lovepedal, but no company is perfect. 

I just bought a used Box of Awesome, because I'm impatient and wanted it for one of the two new boards i'm building. I also bought a new Voodoo Lab X4, its small that is for sure. 

• Like 4

On 1/14/2020 at 8:21 AM, bubs_42 said:

I have been working on buying a Timmy so Doug and I can do a little comparison between the Timmy, OCD, OD11, and the Xotic RC Booster. 

Out of curiosity, which version OCD are you using in the comparison? My V4 (pre "enhanced bypass") is nothing like my OD11 in tone, but I haven't examined the schematic. I honestly thought an OCD was more like a Zen than an 11, but it's been years since I played a Zendrive.

On the subject of Lovepedal and deliveries, I've only taken part in 3 sales, bought multiple pedals in 2, and everything has arrived within a few weeks of other folks reporting their orders shipped. My only complaint is that I don't get instructions or stickers with a SNS purchase 🤷‍♂️, but the internet video demos make up for part of that.

Last question for anyone who has a BoA, especially the latest/current version (purple paint, Kzoo/OD11): can you fit a battery, or do you just go with an adapter? My BoA is too tight inside to fit the 9V with strap attached in the cutout area of the board! I don't really care, was just curious if it sounded different with an old school battery, but I can't test it with the bottom on the enclosure so I've just left it relying on my Pedal Power2. It sounds so damn good I don't care if EJ and Bonamassa both endorse it with a decaying old 9v, at this point, so the issue is moot! Still, bizarre the cutout area is a tiny bit too small for an attached battery... The only other potential QC issue I've had was the led lenses/covers weren't drilled perfectly straight, so they weren't fully clicked in position (could've fallen out) on my 200#'s. They needed a firm press to lock in, I was just surprised it shipped that way (but a crooked/loose led lense isn't gonna sour me on the pedal)... No complaints about how anything sounds or the incredible bargains you can get from those sales, though!

1 hour ago, joshoowah said:

Out of curiosity, which version OCD are you using in the comparison? My V4 (pre "enhanced bypass") is nothing like my OD11 in tone, but I haven't examined the schematic. I honestly thought an OCD was more like a Zen than an 11, but it's been years since I played a Zendrive.

On the subject of Lovepedal and deliveries, I've only taken part in 3 sales, bought multiple pedals in 2, and everything has arrived within a few weeks of other folks reporting their orders shipped. My only complaint is that I don't get instructions or stickers with a SNS purchase 🤷‍♂️, but the internet video demos make up for part of that.

Last question for anyone who has a BoA, especially the latest/current version (purple paint, Kzoo/OD11): can you fit a battery, or do you just go with an adapter? My BoA is too tight inside to fit the 9V with strap attached in the cutout area of the board! I don't really care, was just curious if it sounded different with an old school battery, but I can't test it with the bottom on the enclosure so I've just left it relying on my Pedal Power2. It sounds so damn good I don't care if EJ and Bonamassa both endorse it with a decaying old 9v, at this point, so the issue is moot! Still, bizarre the cutout area is a tiny bit too small for an attached battery... The only other potential QC issue I've had was the led lenses/covers weren't drilled perfectly straight, so they weren't fully clicked in position (could've fallen out) on my 200#'s. They needed a firm press to lock in, I was just surprised it shipped that way (but a crooked/loose led lense isn't gonna sour me on the pedal)... No complaints about how anything sounds or the incredible bargains you can get from those sales, though!

Looking for more of the differences than similarity's. Where does it fit in the equation of some of the most popular pedals on the market? The OCD and the Timmy are "Staple" pedals on many boards and used for multiple styles, the OD11 sounds different than both of them. I bought an Amp11 Big Box and the OD11 that I have still isn't going anywhere, I love that pedal on its own or stacked. The only reason I bought the BOA was because i'm using the OD11 with a Klon Type Pedal for leads. So the BOA hitting the front of the amp on the OD11 Side then Boosting for solo's or a tonal shift made sense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mathman said:

Hmmmm, I have emailed him an asked about the order but haven’t received  response. 

Pedal came today.  Didn't get a tracking info but glad it is here.  Check it out later tonight!

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 8:21 AM, bubs_42 said:

I've had these all for years with the exception of the OD11 which I more recently got in the AMP 11 Version. These are all excellent pedals, and each different. The Timmy and the OD 11 have slightly more focused OD sound compared to the RC and the OCD. The OD11 and most of the OCD versions have similar midrange qualities, but differ in the OCD being more gritty sounding and more open sounding than the OD11. The RC and the OCD are both very open sounding, these differ in the character of the OD as the RC tends to be smoother sounding than the OCD, and the RC has much more useable tone controls, probably even better than the Tim/Timmy IMO. The RC can be used as a clean signal buffer, the OCD, clean boost, but not good enough to run as a neutral signal buffer. The OCD also has more of a pronounced midrange than the RC, until you run the boost mode and push the Boost gain. The Tim/Timmy and the RC Booster are both exceptionally neutral sounding and sound like your amp, with more gain. These do this better than the OD11 and the OCD. The OD11 and the OCD both are great, but bring a bit of their own vibe to the table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:07 AM, joshoowah said:

Last question for anyone who has a BoA, especially the latest/current version (purple paint, Kzoo/OD11): can you fit a battery, or do you just go with an adapter? My BoA is too tight inside to fit the 9V with strap attached in the cutout area of the board! I don't really care, was just curious if it sounded different with an old school battery, but I can't test it with the bottom on the enclosure so I've just left it relying on my Pedal Power2. It sounds so damn good I don't care if EJ and Bonamassa both endorse it with a decaying old 9v, at this point, so the issue is moot! Still, bizarre the cutout area is a tiny bit too small for an attached battery...

There was a similar complaint in the TGP Lovepedal red dress ham sammich thread about this, although maybe on a different pedal.  It's too voluminous and I'm too lazy to search it right now, but I believe that the resolution was that the batteries that Sean prefers will fit, but some other brands wouldn't.  And he prefers some cheap carbon, non-alkaline batteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

There was a similar complaint in the TGP Lovepedal red dress ham sammich thread about this, although maybe on a different pedal.  It's too voluminous and I'm too lazy to search it right now, but I believe that the resolution was that the batteries that Sean prefers will fit, but some other brands wouldn't.  And he prefers some cheap carbon, non-alkaline batteries.

Also, I don't really see a need for the gauze patches he places in there. It's not like the pedals need to cushion the battery, they're not banging around or anything when they're used, they just pretty much sit there. What ever bouncing around they take mounted to a board in transit isn't going to hurt anything either. I just dispose of that and there's no problem fitting any of the batteries in my experience. YMMV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Red Tchula shipped today...

Looking forward to a tone report. Have you had any of the other varieties of Tchula?