Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
gtrdaddy

Lovepedal Saturday Night Special | Put A Fork In It

6 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Looking forward to a tone report. Have you had any of the other varieties of Tchula?

Not really the guy to offer a tone report.  If you see it for sale, it didn't work for me.  So far, the Purple Plexi w/ Boost is the keeper.  I don't need that many variations.  The Black Zen Drive is still hanging around, but it isn't really a Zen.  No "D" sound.  More like a Boogie.  The Purple Plexi is the real deal.

• Like 2

My impressions of Red Moon Tchula. First, I don’t really use distortion pedals, I prefer Boogie preamp distortion.  However, the Tchula is quite different.  Basic operation is left side is mild overdrive, responsive to the guitar volume control and picking attack.  No settings, just on or off.  The right side is another of the same, stacked on top. The knob gives you more saturation, not so much more output.  Still responsive to volume knob and picking.  Somewhere around noon is where you really start hearing a difference. 

Fairly transparent as far as changing the basic tone, but has what I would call a slight shift to upper mid-range.  Lows still come through. Sort of juicy distortion and very fun to play.  Very interactive with my MKIIA.  Tone and response changes with Vol 1, pull-shift (mid-boost) and treble.  With an early switching amp, I now have 3 to 5 tones.  If just using clean, 3.  If using distortion channel there are 6 but gets to be too much gain unless you dial back the distortion channel gain.  One pedal = multiple distortion tones.

Depending on the amp input level, the Red Moon doesn’t really give an overall volume boost. You can use old-school guitar knob control, a boost pedal (up front or in a loop) or a volume pedal.if you want to slam your amp front end hard, you need something else.  

I’m looking forward to getting it out to a gig and seeing how the added tones work. I may be able to have a cleaner clean and still have a good high gain with added options between them.

Edited by BoogieMKIIA
  • Like 2

I acquired a BOA, so far i'm lukewarm. The OD11 side of course is great, but the Kalamazoo side is pretty dark. I have yet to try it in front of the Princeton yet, and that is what I bought it for. I am pretty happy with the Feeding the OD11 with the Conspiracy Theory for boosts. 

So far

OD11,  LOVE IT

Amp11 Big Box Black, LOVE IT

JMP11, One Trick Pony and it does it well. Like it best feeding an EL84 amp. 

BOA, OD11 Side is great, Kalamazoo is dark. 

Echophonic with the control layout like an Echophonic Jr.,  Sounds great for med/long echo's. 

Echophonic Jr, My favorite delay, having the preamp built in sets it apart from the rest. 

EPH3, Nails the Joe Walsh Tape Echo Tones. 

60's Reverb. beautiful reverb, I do wish it had a preamp built into it like the T Rex. It would work better in a loop if it did. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

EPH3, Nails the Joe Walsh Tape Echo Tones

I really have come to like this a lot. Don’t need to run it in the loop. Sets up in front of the amp and doesn’t get crazy taking over the sound like many delays. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

I really have come to like this a lot. Don’t need to run it in the loop. Sets up in front of the amp and doesn’t get crazy taking over the sound like many delays. 

All of the Lovepedal Delays sit great in front of the amp. I used them in front of the overdrives and they work great. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

All of the Lovepedal Delays sit great in front of the amp. I used them in front of the overdrives and they work great. 

Hmmm, will have to switch the order and test.  Initial impressions of the eph3... That would be YES!

Edited by mathman
  • Like 1

SNS is ON!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Yeah, I know - asleep at the wheel...

I already picked up the Reverb.

• Like 1

Just now, mrjamiam said:

I already picked up the Reverb.

Sweet. I hear that’s a nice one.

If you love JMP Marshalls and you have a little 18 Watter, BUY THE JMP11 ! You won't regret it, such a great pedal, he got that one right. 

• Like 2

The 60s Reverb is really, really good.

• Like 1

And the 200# is a modified Fuzz Face feeding into a tuned tube screamer so it is not dark or wooly. The tone control allows you to dial in some treble....this means it works with humbuckers. It sounds like 70s classic rock recorded on vinyl. It is rather unique.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

If you love JMP Marshalls and you have a little 18 Watter, BUY THE JMP11 ! You won't regret it, such a great pedal, he got that one right. 

I have two 18 watters. Is the JMP11 appreciably different than my four other Lovepedal, Marshall-boxes? My guess (and hope) is, “no.”

20 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

such a great pedal, he got that one right. 

I think he gets most of them right. It makes this addiction a costly one...

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RobB said:

I have two 18 watters. Is the JMP11 appreciably different than my four other Lovepedal, Marshall-boxes? My guess (and hope) is, “no.”

Sorry, i'm late on your question. Yes it is, he got the feel right, the mids and the unique high end kinda of break up thing those old JMP's do. They really do have their own "thing" if you ever get to play a good one. I was lucky enough to have sat down with one and fell in love with it. I never wanted to spend the time and sift through them to find a good one, now I don't have too! ;) 

Side note: 3 Monkeys did do a great job with the Orangutan Jr, it does that sound pretty damn good too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Sorry, i'm late on your question. Yes it is, he got the feel right, the mids and the unique high end kinda of break up thing those old JMP's do. They really do have their own "thing" if you ever get to play a good one. I was lucky enough to have sat down with one and fell in love with it. I never wanted to spend the time and sift through them to find a good one, now I don't have too! ;) 

Side note: 3 Monkeys did do a great job with the Orangutan Jr, it does that sound pretty damn good too. 

Ok, thanks for that. Maybe I’ll catch one one the next sale. 

• Like 1

I just got my first Lovepedal an Amp 11. I really like it so far. Found it online on Reverb. There is a seller there based in CA who sells them listed as "new". Decent prices. I'm not sure if he is a dealer and really haven't asked. He has a good record on the site.

I was very proud of myself resisting the prior Lovepedal sale all you guys were participating in. Then a week or two after the sale ended my Timmy died. Arghhh. The Amp 11 is really cool. And, after some research I found out that Paul Cochrane does free repairs on his pedals. So a win win I guess.

I'll be watching for the next sale for sure.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hfan said:

I just got my first Lovepedal an Amp 11. I really like it so far. Found it online on Reverb. There is a seller there based in CA who sells them listed as "new". Decent prices. I'm not sure if he is a dealer and really haven't asked. He has a good record on the site.

I was very proud of myself resisting the prior Lovepedal sale all you guys were participating in. Then a week or two after the sale ended my Timmy died. Arghhh. The Amp 11 is really cool. And, after some research I found out that Paul Cochrane does free repairs on his pedals. So a win win I guess.

I'll be watching for the next sale for sure.

Big Box or Rectangle? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Big Box or Rectangle? 

It’s rectangular platinum colored with the small bass and treble pots. Supposedly a 2020. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hfan said:

It’s rectangular platinum colored with the small bass and treble pots. Supposedly a 2020. 

Great pedal, I’ve got one and like it a lot. Me thinks it’s a 2019 though. I don’t think he’s produced any yet this year.

• Like 1

Cool, my Big Box is great, but the naked sometimes favored

• Confused 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:06 PM, Hfan said:

Mine's a 2019, not that it matters much what year pedals are, right?!  :D  

53E867A5-81F3-4AE9-8429-5ED01F0025C2.jpeg

• Like 2

Finally had some time to really try out the EPH-3.  Love it.  Can be very subtle or in your face.  The tape emulation control adds a nice touch.

Really glad I got this one.  Now I want a different sounding Distortion than the OD 11.

• Like 2