Hamer Fan Club Message Center
gtrdaddy

FS: 3 Monkeys Grease Monkey II - Head | LOOK - $1050 SOLD Pending Payment

Hey Guys,

I hope we all had a great Thanksgiving. 

I must unfortunately part with some gear to pay for my hospital vacation last month.

https://3monkeysamps.com/collections/amplifiers/products/grease-monkey-ii 

Here is my 3 Monkeys Grease Monkey II head. In perfect condition, never gigged with, 30 Watts, Class A, four EL84 tubes, and crazy great tone. This amp was $2750 new.

Sacrifice at $1050 shipped to Supporting HFC Members. 

Payment by check if I knows ya, or USPS Money Order

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

A great price from a great seller and a hell of a guy!

• Thanks 1

Still dumbfounded it is still here.  

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 3

Been watching several clips of this amp on them there YouTube’s. Sounds like a fantastic clean amp with some low to medium gain push for classic rock tones. How does it handle pedals?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

How does it handle pedals?

Pretty well. I haven't found anything it doesn't like. The cool thing about this amp is with it's 3-way "shape" switch, there are a lot of different sounds this thing does. Most of the videos online are hard rock sounds. I've posted a video from the NYC Amp Show below so you can hear one of the different flavors of sound it does that isn't really represented in most of the vids. Also something else that is incredible is how this amplifier cleans up with your guitar volume. It does it better than any amplifier I've ever had. @cmatthes will attest I'm certain, that no amp cleans up with a guitar volume better than 3 Monkeys amplifiers. They're really special that way. Another thing, is while different speakers change the sounds of amplifiers a fair bit, to the extent that some speakers sound terrible on some amps, this amplifier has been hooked up to so many cabinets with so many different speakers, and while the character of the sound is changed with different speakers, this amplifier sounds great with every speaker I've hooked up to it, which includes Greenbacks, Creambacks, Vintage 30, Red White & Blues, Celestion 12-75, Celestion G12H30, Celestion 12-65.

Nicky Muroch and Mark Bowers jamming at NYC Amp Show. Nicky is on the left playing the Grease Monkey II.

• Like 2

Ageed.  If I didn't already have my GM, I'd have already snagged this one.   These amps are also DEAD SILENT when it comes to normal amp hum.  It's noticeable.

• Thanks 1

This is a great amplifinator guys! Less than half the price of a new one, custom built right here in the U.S. Priced to my HFC brethren $400 less than I priced it at The Rear Page. I need to move it and would rather it go to one of us, than one of the half million at TRP.

• Like 2

I'm blown away that nobody has snapped this one up yet. Crazy!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You’d be in Monkey-heaven Shawn 😉 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You’re a big reason why it wasn’t...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Travis said:

You’re a big reason why it wasn’t...

Don't tell him that! LOL 

• Haha 2

Someone needs to buy this one. How could you get one cheaper? It‘s a steal for the conus guys.

• Thanks 1

Big thanks to gtrdaddy on a very smooth transaction.  The amp absolutely awesome and arrived in perfect condition.  Really appreciate the opportunity to be able to find great gear from good people 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Big thanks to gtrdaddy on a very smooth transaction.  The amp absolutely awesome and arrived in perfect condition.  Really appreciate the opportunity to be able to find great gear from good people 

Yeah, he's aight.

• Like 1