Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Discovering New Music/Bands

diablo175

It's always great discovering new music and artists. A little harder to sort the wheat from the chaff in this day/age, but the payoff's definitely there when you discover something worthwhile.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, gtrdaddy said:

That was really different. I like it. Sort of early ‘80s New-Wave pop meets YES? 

I love that we can all get along here.  For starters, I like the track more than I would have thought.

Second, the description "Sort of early 80's New Wave pop meets YES" would be an insta-fail for me in most cases.  :D 

Church of the Cosmic Skull

Band is out of Nottingham and is doing a sort of Polyphonic Spree thing... maybe more tongue in cheek? But maybe not... they might be an actual attempt at a psychic revolution.

Music is easy to listen to, fairly straight up rock music, is simple to understand and is quite catchy.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:31 AM, BubbaVO said:

College  radio stations...

in Philly... XPN has been a fun resource.... led me to Killiam Shakespeare...

I absolutely dig that band! Fusion is my jam. Not sure why there is two guitarists though... one's playing and tone is waaaaay better than the other guy.. I'd rather hear the keyboard player step up and do that with his right hand. I'll bet the worst guitarist has all of the connections. lolz

+1000000 for the Hamer Talladega content. The dude smokes.

5 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Church of the Cosmic Skull

Band is out of Nottingham and is doing a sort of Polyphonic Spree thing... maybe more tongue in cheek? But maybe not... they might be an actual attempt at a psychic revolution.

Music is easy to listen to, fairly straight up rock music, is simple to understand and is quite catchy.

Not sure why there is two guitarists though... one's playing and tone is waaaaay better than the other guy.. I'd rather hear the keyboard player step up and do that with his right hand. I'll bet the worst guitarist has all of the connections. lolz

I'm sure we've all been in bands with people who are there because they own a PA and/or have practice space.  I know I have.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:31 AM, BubbaVO said:

College  radio stations...

in Philly... XPN has been a fun resource.... led me to Killiam Shakespeare...

I'm pretty sure that's a Talledega?

Archived