Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cool Tab Benoit and honest relic content

Jeff R

9 hours ago, cynic said:

I’m guessing @kizanski hasn’t posted here because he’s on a plane to Red Stick?

Man, that guitar looked worn to hell when I played it in '05. Just goes to show you how playing 300 nights a year with the same guitar for 20 years will wear things down a bit.

image.png

He literally uses that guitar exclusively, unless he breaks a string, and then goes back to it as soon as the string is changed.
He's going to end up with a "Blackie" situation one day when the neck will no longer accept any more refrets and will have to be renecked or retired. The good news is I have a replacement for him when he's ready - lol.

image.png

BTW: What are these tuning machines, and what are they doing on Tab's guitar?  I've never seen them before, and they sure weren't on it years ago.

image.png

17 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

The headstock face on 70s Fender guitars was sprayed with NITRO so it ages differently.78OIHaB.jpg

Was his face sprayed with NITRO as well?  What's with the scowl?

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Just looking at those photos of that Tele makes me want to wash my hands. 

Just looking at the photo of Walter Trout makes me want to wash my face.

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Was his face sprayed with NITRO as well?  What's with the scowl?

Trout WAS a bigger guy back in the day and he was in much better shape health wise ,burned his liver up,then a transplant so.......................maybe just one of those days.  In any case Tab and Walter really put these Fenders through the mill! Surprised that Tel has even that much finish on the back of the neck.

Archived