Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wanted: sustain block bridge

They’re over on the shelf next to the Blitz Bass cases and Unicorn horns.

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You also have Blitz Cases and Zebra Striped Unicorns. 

Plenty of blitz and blitz base cases, but only rainbow stripped Unicorns around here!!:lol:

What is the better bridge, the one with the narrower spacing or the one with the wider spacing?  Has anyone had an issue, legally, with reproducing these?  Any patent issues etc?  If not then perhaps I’ll run a batch. 

5 hours ago, jginsj said:

What is the better bridge, the one with the narrower spacing or the one with the wider spacing?  Has anyone had an issue, legally, with reproducing these?  Any patent issues etc?  If not then perhaps I’ll run a batch. 

No legal/patent issues.   Several HFC’ers have made repros over the years, but it’s been a while.

8 hours ago, jginsj said:

After reading some more it looks like the narrower one is the better of the two.

I don't agree. 
Sustain Block bridges, when applied to guitars with anything other than a toothpick for a neck, leave too much real estate from the E strings to the outer edges of the fingerboard.

I think I have told 3 or 4 guys in the past couple of years that I would be tickled to buy 1 or 2 Sustain blocks from the batch they were planning.

I hope all of you don't build them in the same year. 

4 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

The price war would be interesting. 

Good point. I hadn't really thought of it that way. I was thinking with the current trend in prices I would have to sell my car to cover my obligations.

Archived