Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Kahler bridge on 83 vector

northarrow

Question

I can't speak for northarrow but we did communicate on this guitar and I believe the "who's going to fix it?" answer had more to do with the cost of shipping than whether one shop is better than the other. na is a Pa guy.

2 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

Fair enough.

I've sent my guitar to Greg and got "shit" back after getting extorted for it's return, and missing the original Hamer DiMarzio.

Just sayin'. 

Not sure what's "Fair" about that response.  Now, he's a thief?  

I'm out, Ed.  Wow...

Dear Ed Rechts

Im not a Hamer novice . I bought the guitar knowing it was a beater and didn’t care about the Kahler . I have several sbb Hamers and have had Hamers as far back as 82 ( including a blue metallic Prototype , a red and white Graphic and a 79 sunburst ). The seller was saying it was all original as in the Kahler was installed by Hamer. If you see the listing the pics never show the guitar straight on and considering I was on vacation when it arrived I didn’t inbox it for weeks. I’ve never had anything done by BCR I just knew they were in Pa. For anyone who cares it’s being restored to original by a repairman in NJ. 

You could have taken a ssb Vector back to Hamer for the Kahler install . So one that was done this way would still have the ferrules would it not ? That’s what this guy was saying had happened 

2 hours ago, northarrow said:

Thanks. That's not far from where I work.
Let me know how it comes out.

18 minutes ago, northarrow said:

You could have taken a ssb Vector back to Hamer for the Kahler install . So one that was done this way would still have the ferrules would it not ? That’s what this guy was saying had happened 

Yes, that's true, but he lied so much that all of his pants burst into flames: the pants he's wearing, the pants in his closet, even the pants he donated to Good Will.

1 hour ago, northarrow said:

Hamer would have installed it properly, and would likely have matched the other hardware while it was in the shop.

Clearly not a factory installation.

Vella is a terrific repair shop.  Fantastic work coming out of that place.

Thanks for the concern for my business, Mr. Rechts.  If I owe you a pickup, please contact me directly and I will take care of that for you.

God Bless you all.

Archived