Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Quilter MicroBlock 45, briefly

hamerhead

Finally. Finally got it out of the box and plugged the Boss GT-3 into it and a single 12 out of it. Not too bad. Definitely serviceable. Then.....

I went straight in with a Billy Bo Frankencrap equipped with a Duncan mini bucker, and then a stock 2001 Epiphone Sheraton. Clean, it was big and warm, really Fender-ish. Sounded surprisingly good. But keep the gain below half because after that it's nasty crap. Wooly and fizzy at the same time. Reminded me of an '80s red knob Fender Super 60 I had that never, ever sounded good no matter what you threw at it. I'll try it with different cabinets to see if it gets any better, but as it is, the distortion is....well, not my cup 'o tea.

I only messed with it for about 30 minutes. It will work as a backup and maybe a rehearsal rig once it's dialed in. And for something the size of an MXR pedal, the little bastard's got some snort. It would do a small bar pretty easily.

Today was a micro block 45 test day...

Marshall JMP-1 pre amp into TC pedals into Quilter amp~ 4x12 cab.

The adjustment knobs, esp the Tri Q, are very touchy, end result is you can dial in just about anything

If this lil power amp is pushed right.

It can get loud :) , it like being pushed by the JMP-1

Not as percussive as tubes (el34 power amp), but fairly close.

Keepers.

21 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

So it that it’s forte, being used a s a pure power amp?

that was my intent of purchase, power amp ultra light.

put any pre amp, pedal in front of it, push it, works well.

Archived