Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NBD from the 80's

smith

Just scored this 1982 Blitz bass on the cheap from eBay.  Obviously a refin in the hottest of pink.  It looks like it was originally white.  I figured that the entire thing was stripped before the refin, but I went ahead and scraped through the finish looking for a serial number or logo on the headstock.  Neither were there, oh well.  Played it at practice, and it sounds really good, despite the EMG Select pickups.   Not too heavy.   I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it for the time being, expect change the pickups and play the hell out of it.

20191209_193840 custom.jpg

20191209_193913 custom.jpg

20191209_220845 custom.jpg

20191209_220859 custom.jpg

20191209_221001 custom.jpg

20191209_192709 custom.jpg

Hot legging neon pink - very 1982. Might wanna leave it like you said and play the crap out of it. Who knows, that color could soon be back in demand; that or some ad agency representing Pepto might be calling soon.  Enjoy!  

1 hour ago, killerteddybear said:

Stike needs to refinish that bass.
Same color, but lots of glitter thrown in!

This is almost exactly what I thought when I saw the first pics...

I'll probably take the finish off of the back of the neck and headstock.  Spray clear nitro on the back of the neck and black on the headstock face. Maybe find an original or repo logo. 

Bass boat metal flake in hot pink sounds is very temping, though. 

I don't think I did too bad for $200 + shipping. Now I need one of those elusive hardshell cases.

3 hours ago, smith said:

Bass boat metal flake in hot pink sounds is very temping, though.

My Blitz is done in red metal flake on the body and face of the headstock.  The back of the neck is a clear red over mahogany.  On that size and shape of a body the metal flake stands out. 

Does anybody here know what the letters DPP stand for?  If not, there’s a years-long thread on the TDPRI explaining it, and also a lot of info on how (and how not) to scratch-build a 335.

Anyway, DPP gets my vote.

1 hour ago, Rich_S said:

Does anybody here know what the letters DPP stand for?  If not, there’s a years-long thread on the TDPRI explaining it, and also a lot of info on how (and how not) to scratch-build a 335.

Anyway, DPP gets my vote.

It’s a Roth flake!

13 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

I got my pink bass by accident at a charity auction.  I’m leaving mine the way it is.  Real men can play pink basses, in dark rooms.  😎

195D52EA-8806-4119-BC96-AB09BF99E288.jpeg

A Hello Kitty sticker wouldn't look out of place on the pickguard, too. ;):lol:  Of course, if you ever get tired of it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for the HFC-approved price of Tree Fitty.

Archived