Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Seriously considering selling every Hamer I own

mirrorimij

Update.....everything is on hold for the moment.  We have a handshake agreement to complete the sale contingent on me finding a property.  I don’t want to bank the cash and then find a property.  I seem to remember a story (maybe from here) about a member who sold a gold top “back in the day” and basically converted it to pizza money.  I can only be at peace with this if I immediately convert it to something that significantly contributes to my quality of life.  

I’m not really worried about him backing out of the sale so it’s not a factor.  

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, mirrorimij said:

I was talking guitars over dinner and a very wealthy man offered to buy my whole Hamer collection.  I have a few special guitars and all have sentimental value but I honestly don’t play them.  I play a very good Fender Strat about 90% of the time.   I’m considering selling them to 90% fund the purchase of what would be a decent vacation spot/retirement home.  It’s almost a no brainer! 

19 minutes ago, hamerican gigolo said:

Why are you so concerned about having property before you complete the deal? It sounds like the deal of a lifetime. Sell a collection in one fell swoop. Said buyer isn't gonna wait forever.
Strike while the iron is hott!

Absolutely. It IS a no brainer - not "almost."
The last thing you want to do is lose the fish and then have to one-at-a-time it, selling a bunch of fucking Hamers of all things.  It's hard enough trying to sell guitars with good resale value.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, mirrorimij said:

I was talking guitars over dinner with Peter, and he offered to buy my whole Hamer collection.  I have a few special guitars and all have sentimental value but I honestly don’t play them.  I play a very good Fender Strat about 90% of the time.   I’m considering selling them to 90% fund the purchase of what would be a decent vacation spot/retirement home.  It’s almost a no brainer!   

Fixed it for ya.

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Absolutely. It IS a no brainer - not "almost."
The last thing you want to do is lose the fish and then have to one-at-a-time it, selling a bunch of fucking Hamers of all things.  It's hard enough trying to sell guitars with good resale value.

Jeez! I sure hope his buyer isn’t reading this thread...

13 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Jeez! I sure hope his buyer isn’t reading this thread...

9 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

@mirrorimij I’d delete this thread or see about moving it to the Outer Circle. Wouldn’t want the buyer scared off by it, if he happened to find it.  LOL

Relax.  If the prospective buyer is looking at Hamers, he knows what they're worth.

10 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I also know some folks, money or not can be huge flakes...

10 hours ago, kizanski said:

You mean like Hamer owners?

10 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Why of course.

Name names. 

We have not had a good blow up on the message board in a while.  No one has been banned in a long time.  There has not been anything to tell the people who come back after a months or year long absence.

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Name names. 

We have not had a good blow up on the message board in a while.  No one has been banned in a long time.  There has not been anything to tell the people who come back after a months or year long absence.

LOL! The last one I recall was that Mickey_C guy who went postal on one of us a couple of years back?

He seemed so normal.

Not much of an update since my last post.  

My original plan to trade my Hamers for what I thought would be 90% of the funds I would need for the property was unrealistic (big surprise right).  That property had a whacky HOA and ridiculously high fees.  In order to get something that is reasonable from a HOA $ perspective it requires more cash up front.  I just turned 50.....there are a lot of affordable 55+ communities in the Safety Harbor area.I started a fund that I will contribute to over the next 4 yrs 9 months to help buy into one of these when I turn 55.

i can’t figure out how my Hamers factor into the new plan....I still have the handshake agreement for the sale and I’m still unwilling to let them go at this point. Probably not the smartest financial move but I stand by my decision.  

Archived