Sign in to follow this  
Disturber

Frusciante rejoins RHCP

Just out on RHCP Instagram account. 

Edited by Disturber
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, cynic said:

I smell a nostalgia tour

Yeah, but that one might actually be worth shelling out the cash! 

• Like 3

I feel bad for Josh Klinghoffer for giving 10 years of his life to a signed act to get thrown under the bus when John Frusciante returns to the band. Yes, it will be the classic lineup that the promoters want, the band will be able to ask for large sums of money from the promoter, and charge their fans for tickets/merchandise/meet & greet since the old business model of the music business concerning file sharing/streaming/royalties isn't paying all signed recording artists the correct amount of money that's owed to them. 

Guitar George

56 minutes ago, Hamer95USA said:

I feel bad for Josh Klinghoffer for giving 10 years of his life to a signed act to get thrown under the bus when John Frusciante returns to the band. Yes, it will be the classic lineup that the promoters want, the band will be able to ask for large sums of money from the promoter, and charge their fans for tickets/merchandise/meet & greet since the old business model of the music business concerning file sharing/streaming/royalties isn't paying all signed recording artists the correct amount of money that's owed to them. 

Guitar George

Yeah, I agree about throwing Josh K under the bus. It seems like they could have worked arrangements with two guitarists, wouldn't have been that big a deal.

I honestly never got the cult of Fruschiante.   Cool guitarist with a different thing than the other grunge dudes at the time?  Absolutely - 100% agree.  And at the time, it was a nice little break in all the sludgy, down-tuned riffing going on.  But there are people out there who will knife you if you call him anything less than one of the greatest guitarists ever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

....call him anything less than one of the greatest guitarists ever. 

Well he was pretty good at playing out of tune or off pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

IT WAS THE REST OF THE BAND!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ironically the guitarist is the least important member of this particular band. 

spacer.png

Edited by Studio Custom

5 hours ago, Hamer95USA said:

I feel bad for Josh Klinghoffer for giving 10 years of his life to a signed act to get thrown under the bus when John Frusciante returns to the band.

He's the Bruce Kulick of RHCP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MCChris said:

He's the Bruce Kulick of RHCP.

Certainly better than being the Vinnie Vincent of RHCP. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RobB said:

cherone.jpg.839d493bf58d5291004079a7da471a68.jpg

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, RobB said:

C’mon, you two! “Confused?” The above joke is lower-hanging fruit than MCChris’. 

Edited by RobB

13 minutes ago, RobB said:

C’mon, you two! “Confused?” The above joke is lower-hanging fruit than MCChris’. 

273179346_cousinoliver.jpg.7979263ff55f397894d60f9eee7e613c.jpg

At the singing trashcans this thread jumped the rails...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, killerteddybear said:

At the singing trashcans this thread jumped the rails...

sharkfin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Yeah, 'cause Anthony Kiedis is perfect pitch personified.  

I have everything through Blood Sugar Sex Magik, so I'm good.  OK, I have One Hot Minute too but I don't play it.

I only saw RHCP once.  The opening act was Foo Fighters, and I got to the show about the time Foo Fighters were finishing.  One or two Foo Fighters songs were more entertaining than the whole RHCP show. 

6 hours ago, tommy p said:

I have everything through Blood Sugar Sex Magik, so I'm good.  OK, I have One Hot Minute too but I don't play it.

I'm that weirdo who's favorite album was One Hot Minute.  The breakdown in the middle of "Coffee Shop" is what opened my mind to funk and, now that I think about it, 70s R&B pop like the Jackson 5.  "My Friends" is also where I learned to love the octave slide. 

• Like 2

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about - from the comments section of that RS article:

And I thought nothing could match Gilmour doing a last tour after Live 8. Then RHCP's do this! Thank you Universe!

Congratulations from Israel, last night we couldn't believe it when we heard the news.. Thanks to Josh Klinghoffer But the legend is back…. It's like Freddie Mercury will come back from where he is and re-join Queen instead of Adam Laembert.

Edited by LucSulla

Man, that really does kinda suck. I mean, assume Frusciante said "I want to come back", but who knows how it really came to be. Maybe Klingenhoffer decided it was time to go? He did just release his first solo album this year, just a few weeks ago.  Being a "replacement" guitarist is always a very hard thing to be.  Having the rabid Frusciante fans always making comparisons has to be tiring as hell.

Look at the Rolling Stones: Ronnie Wood was not made an FULL member until 1990, 15 YEARS after he joined.  Then there's the crap with the Eagles and the members who joined later.

1 hour ago, LucSulla said:

I'm that weirdo who's favorite album was One Hot Minute.  The breakdown in the middle of "Coffee Shop" is what opened my mind to funk and, now that I think about it, 70s R&B pop like the Jackson 5.  "My Friends" is also where I learned to love the octave slide. 

I don't mean to be too hard on One Hot Minute.  I really liked Jane's Addiction with Navarro, but RHCP with him just didn't quite work for me.  Some decent songs on that one but when I decide to listen to a Chili Peppers album, 75% of the time it's Uplift Mofo Party Plan for me.

• Like 1

They had my attention with Mother's Milk. I consider it still a nice listenable album. I bought the the previous albums too, those didn't get me (some songs on Uplift Mofo Party Plan were okay). Got Blood Sugar Sex Magik and One Hot Minute too. As Luc Salla said before, Frusciante was different than the regular grunge guitarist in the 90's. Then they got Dave Navarro in, who was with Jane's Addiction (I really disliked them). I liked the opener of One Hot Minute, "Warped". Then I saw them live to the One Hot Minute tour with Navarro and they were boring and I grew to feel annoyed by Kiedis' vocals. Haven't listened to their stuff in many years (as with most of the music I listened to in the 90's). This news isn't really interesting for me.

18 hours ago, LucSulla said:

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about - from the comments section of that RS article:

It's bigger. WTF is a "Gilmour"? 😅😅