Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2002 Hamer Monaco SuperPro on Ebay

Thanks, Crunchee!

It's a family member, now. My 1st transatlantic purchase, again, after CITES 's finally given up.

Hopefully, the Super should arrive hre around the  1st week of January. Happy New Year – to you, too 😉

In case you were one of the other 6 bidders: I'll not get it as dirt cheap as it looks.

Ebay Global shipment, paypal xchange rates and, finally, import tax/fees add up to a good  2/3 upon the buying price...

s-l140.jpg

3 hours ago, donner said:

Thanks, Crunchee!

It's a family member, now. My 1st transatlantic purchase, again, after CITES 's finally given up.

Hopefully, the Super should arrive hre around the  1st week of January. Happy New Year – to you, too 😉

In case you were one of the other 6 bidders: I'll not get it as dirt cheap as it looks.

Ebay Global shipment, paypal xchange rates and, finally, import tax/fees add up to a good  2/3 upon the buying price...

s-l140.jpg

Yep... I was high bidder for, oh... about 30 seconds! Ha!

No hard feelings at all, I'm glad to see it go to someone here! Congratulations! I'm sure it's a winner. 

8 hours ago, donner said:

Thanks, Crunchee!

s-l140.jpg

Congratulations!!! This is one of the models that I am still looking forward to buy.

So is CITES now no longer active for guitars? A lot of websites still keep the restrictions (like Thomann). Let me know if you find any customs issues

Thank you!

On 12/18/2019 at 12:12 AM, donner said:

Thanks, Crunchee!

s-l140.jpg

You will love that one. Super Pro's are the best!

On 12/17/2019 at 6:12 PM, donner said:

ouch... 

The good news is they're incredible guitars, even by Hamer "standards".

On 12/18/2019 at 2:50 AM, guitaround said:

So is CITES now no longer active for guitars?

An exception for musical instruments containing Appendix II rosewood (basically any RW except Brazilian) went into effect on November 26. That doesn't mean that all countries throughout the world have fully adopted the exception, though the US has. Here's a decent article about the exception:

https://reverb.com/news/cites-restrictions-on-musical-instruments-could-be-coming-to-an-end

30 minutes ago, dhuber said:

Me Too...

I am not sure about the color but will let it be discussed when it's arrived.

More than often it's difficult to decide between amberburst and 59 burst, depending on bad lighting on those pics.

To me, it is looking more like 59 due to more red, but we'll see when I can have a look at it personally.

Momentarily, it's got its second trackingnr., which  means, it’s on its way from Erlanger, KY, to Europe, yeah!

10 minutes ago, donner said:

To me, it is looking more like 59 due to more red, but we'll see when I can have a look at it personally.

My cert says "Amberburst" and the one you're waiting on seems to have less red than mine.  
@MCChris has one in '59-burst. It looks very different.

DSC_3213.jpg

18 minutes ago, polara said:

DSCF1436.jpegDSCF1437.jpeg

This is my 2002. Assuming it's amberburst, though it has no certificate. I really like it, as it's not too orange, and lets the wood "pop".

You're growing Super Pros in the garden behind the house? Tasteful farmer you are!

40 minutes ago, polara said:

This is my 2002. Assuming it's amberburst, though it has no certificate. I really like it, as it's not too orange, and lets the wood "pop".

Yours looks like mine (same year too) and I've always assumed mine is a '59 Burst.

Then again, my Mirage was a '59 Burst and it definitely had more red than my SuperPro, so who knows.

@donner   Congrats. You probably know this but there's no need to fall for paypal's ridiculous conversion rate as you can always switch to your credit card and your bank's conversion rate  (it's an "option" with your paypal account) which is always, and I mean always, cheaper. Great guitar!

14 hours ago, MCChris said:

Yours looks like mine (same year too) and I've always assumed mine is a '59 Burst.

Then again, my Mirage was a '59 Burst and it definitely had more red than my SuperPro, so who knows.

Looks like I confused your two guitars.

I'll see myself out.

Archived