Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just When I Think I'm Out... NGD

diablo175

Couldn't resist this. This is, in my microcosm of mediocre guitar abuse, the holy grail of Hamers. Many thanks to sonic1974, who aided and abetted me in acquiring this! The HFC still is THE BEST forum ever.

LE 6.jpg

LE 6.1.jpg

LE 6.2.jpg

LE 6.3.jpg

LE 6.4.jpg

40 minutes ago, RobB said:

Nice get. Please don’t cut it. 

"Cut it?"   Not sure precisely what that means but I  have no plans to do anything beyond clean it up, dress the frets, put on a new Schaller trem. I will look into having the clear checking repaired. I know it can be done as I'm having it done to my O'Connor painted maple Cali but it's expensive and doesn't improve the function of the Cali.

Maybe “don’t cut it” means keep the blade and don’t install the toggle...

looks fantastic. Love it. Congrats, sir. Good for you!

Just now, Travis said:

Maybe “don’t cut it” means keep the blade and don’t install the toggle...

looks fantastic. Love it. Congrats, sir. Good for you!

I'm sure that was part of it. It's a safe bet he meant any kind of irreversible mod to it. ;)

13 hours ago, specialk said:

A beauty, congrats!

Seems like an old member here, Lady Scary, had several of those same Hamers. Love it. 

I think she did. I believe her husband passed away some years back. If I were of little compassion and less tact, I'd have reached out and asked her if she wanted to sell them.

38 minutes ago, bassbora said:

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between this one and the one you have up for sale? 

Lots of minor differences-  neck profile and finish, number of control knobs, type of trem, inlays, finish color, etc.

Archived