Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Ua D

PSA Scepter

3 hours ago, RobB said:

Dang, Ed. “Lachrymose?” That fancy-pantz, UC edjumacashun done did ya right, by gum!

Dammit man my fingers were 4 letters into typing that word when the warning light went off in my head FLOWERY! FLOWERY! SUGGEST "REFLECTIVE" INSTEAD but I foolishly continued on.

I agree, "lachrymose" is more becoming of a 2nd semester poetry major at the Sylvia Plath Academy for Girls Who Think Their Diaries Would Be Great Romantic Tragedies (upstairs campus) or a Sarah Lawrence grad. 

What can I say, I stand here embarrassed with my man card in tatters. And I would've come back and edited it out if you hadn't captured the evidence in your comment.

You'd never see Willy G or Muse Cafe Chris use "lachrymose". Those guys are PROS!

Anecdote added to deflect my current humiliation: To console my pal Hornet about being rebuked by his idol for merely co-existing, I convinced him Gary was probably already peeved at having to play such a small dank (albeit legendary) club in America after owning arenas in Europe. And that the spittle blasted into his face by Moore could be considered a baptism or a christening of sorts. Not sure he bought it. We both did drink  heavily that night.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Dammit man my fingers were 4 letters into typing that word when the warning light went off in my head FLOWERY! FLOWERY! SUGGEST "REFLECTIVE" INSTEAD but I foolishly continued on.

Not that you're really apologizing for it, but please continue to utilize the English language in flowery ways!   Eschew Obfuscation?

Also, maybe Gary was a prick, or maybe he didn't like fanboys?  Who can say?  Probably a bit of both, as Kiz has said.  Maybe there was a reason he was glassed in the face...

Paul Gilbert was nothing but nice to me when I met him.  Gregarious is the word.

Thread successfully hijacked.  Anyone getting that Scepter?   :-D

• Thanks 1

Funny how those that think recognizing a star is an invitation to accost them straight away.  I sat down in first class on a plane to Dallas in 1991 and I looked directly across the aisle and there was wrestler Randy Savage.  He just looked away as everyone tried to get his autograph.  The stewardess had to block the door to first class.  I had been upgraded because of a ticket snafu, so it was six hours later than I intended to fly.  When we got in the air, the stewardess came up and apologized and he nodded.  Never spoke the entire flight.  I walked off the plane and we were heading down the hallway to the terminal and he turned to me and said, "a guy just needs his space".  I told him I was a big fan and I didn't want to approach him because of the dust up on the ground before take-off.  He told me that he was just pissed that he wouldn't be on time for his event.  I told him I'd missed the entire first day of the Arlington show and was really upset about that.  He said, "Want to go to the wrestling show?"  I was back stage for the entire event.  They were all so gracious and treated me like a VIP.  I'll never forget it.

• Like 6

Also, isn't "Fuuuuuuucccck. Oooooooffffff" a traditional greeting in Ireland?

Might be a cultural misunderstanding.

Anyway, that's what my friend from Belfast always says to me when he sees me.  Hmmm...🤫

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

I agree, "lachrymose" is more becoming of a 2nd semester poetry major at the Sylvia Plath Academy for Girls Who Think Their Diaries Would Be Great Romantic Tragedies (upstairs campus) or a Sarah Lawrence grad. 

What can I say, I stand here embarrassed with my man card in tatters. And I would've come back and edited it out if you hadn't captured the evidence in your comment.

No harm/foul, brutha. I’m actually impressed someone used that term on a guitar forum. Who knew?

Oh, and re: Sylvia Plath? I was forced to read, “The Bell Jar”, in school. What a  whiny, self-pitying piece of CRAP! 

Ump her. Seriously...

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1

Awesome guitar! Too bad the original case is not with it. Might be all over this if I weren’t too busy moving into the new house. And yes it needs better pics

And might get more hits if they didn’t spell scepter like a brit

Edited by brddg