Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1981 Black Special very thin and straight neck

This is a really cool guitar for someone that wants a really thin neck.  I measured it at .738 at the first fret.  I have owned it for a little over a month and realized it is too thin for me.  I never thought a Hamer from that era could have a neck that thin.  It is on par with the Hagstrom III that I have.  Anyway, I am willing to sell it for what I have in it to any of the HFC clan that may be interested. I paid $880 plus shipping.  So I will sell it for $900 and buyer pays actual shipping cost.  I am not trying to make money on this, just trying to get it to someone that wants a skinny neck.  Here is the listing from when I bought it... https://reverb.com/item/29657250-hamer-special-usa-1981-black?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share   PM me and we can work out the details.

That one's been owned by a few folks here. When I bought it, it had no pickups or knobs, so I put the Dimarzios in. The bridge was made by Hamerhead, and it's a super nice unit. It always stayed in tune, looked rock 'n' roll, and sounded FANTASTIC but the neck was a challenge for me, so I sold it to a banned HFCer, who (despite me telling him the history) was trying to resell it as all original. I happened to see it listed again (the listing you reference above) by the guy who bought it from the banned member, so I shot him a polite, friendly email about the history, and he was really cool about it: he didn't want to misrepresent. Here I am playing it in 2012...

5690222993-8ffbb0554c-o.jpg

Non of this is to detract from your sale: it's a really cool guitar with a lot of HFC history. And the sound (to me) was out of this world. Hope it finds its ideal player!

And my 1981 Hamer Special that I bought new and still have.. And I really like that Black one...!

81Special.jpg

81 Special 2.jpg

004.JPG

Archived