Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - A Long Time Coming

cynic

Like most of you (I hope), I end up with parts laying around for longer than planned.  This one in particular has been on-deck for about a decade.

One-piece swamp ash body w/ belly and forearm contours mated with a fairly recent Fender Tele neck & tuners, Callaham bridge, and Kinman electronics that were dated 11/2010 (when I ordered them).

I finally got off my ass and sent the body to Shane at HEL (absolutely Nailed it!) who did the trans-white finish and a couple pickguards to fit the slightly misshapen cutaway.  It arrived back from him yesterday (Merry Christmas!) so I set aside my duties as official cookie taster long enough to slap it together.  It still needs some fine tuning (and strap buttons), but so far I'm really digging it.

image0.jpeg

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Mrs. Cynic ( Santa) even came through with a little something extra. 

6494E99A-C4F0-4D05-9565-A886E61E9ADB.jpeg

Ooohhh...  goddamn...  that is cool. I love that. Congrats!

8 hours ago, cynic said:

What’s the scoop on that case?!   Love it...

6 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

What’s the scoop on that case?!   Love it...

Eden Guitars

7 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

The lighting from the right side gives those frets a shadow that makes them look like they're quite beefy. Lumen illusion or fact?

I don't know the actual spec size but they have a nice jumbo feel for sure.

8 hours ago, cynic said:

Show up to a gig with that case and you better be able to hang!  Even if you just look cool and sit in the groove.  Cool...

Thanks for the heads-up on the case.   I’ve been checking out Shane’s posts of your Tele with a bit more interest lately, as I’m also doing another “project” Tele - this time with a special purpose.  The problem is that I have two killer Musikraft hollow Swamp Ash bodies (actually, THREE, but one has a Korina top 😳), and I need to pick one.   

This is the one I’m NOT using for this project...

133D68B9-48B9-44FF-A1F3-0AF1CD3BCEA4.jpeg

5BA6B31A-50F3-4F98-8D86-BD9B7E5146F9.jpeg

These look good on the inside too...here's an all-mahogany body that is getting some TLC in the wilds of CT somewhere...

Mahollow Tele inside 0218.jpg

Archived