Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD! Hamer Stellar 1 Sunburst

Aoresteen

I picked up a Hamer Stellar 1 for Christmas!  It's my second one. 

spacer.png

I paid $225 plus shipping for it.  The pickups look like a P90 in a humbucker sized shell but it was listed as having humbuckers.  I assumed that they were some cheap kock-offs of the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

When I put it on my bench today to set it up for Eb with .011 strings, I pulled the bridge PU and it is a genuine Seymour Duncan SPH901B Phat Cat bridge pick up!  The neck is also a genuine SPH901N Phat Cat bridge!  Ye Haw!!  The Guitar Gods have been nice to me!!!!

I was going to put some DiMarzios in her but for now I will leave it alone and use the Phat Cats.

I installed a set of Schaller strap locks & cleaned the fret board.  After I play it a bit I'll have my tech install a bone nut like he did on my prior Stellar 1.

So what is it that attracts me to the Stellar 1?  Well, my main guitars are Squier Stagemaster Deluxe V4 neck-through models from 2000-2001 that were made in Korea.  I have 18 of them :) .  Here's a HSH V4 set up with DiMarzio Gravity StormTM pickups:

spacer.png

Stormy

spacer.png

spacer.png

Neck through design

spacer.png

Squier Stagemaster Deluxe V4 Guitars

These guitars have a Floyd Rose bridge, locking nut, 24 frets, 25.5" scale, single vol/tone knobs, and neck through construction. They came in HH or HSH configurations.  What they didn't come in is a hard-tail option.  There are times that I prefer a hard tail over a Floyd Rose bridge so I tried blocking the FR but that made no sense.  I considered having one modded by filling the body with wood, refinishing, and installing a Hipshot or a sunken TOM  type bridge but the cost would be very high.  I could have a custom  Keisle guitar built for not much more. So I started looking for an inexpensive HT guitar with a 25.5" scale, 24 frets, and single vol/tone.  Not that easy to find - then I stumbled on the Hamer Stellar 1.  Problem solved. And the Hamer is made in Korea.

I'd like to find a Hamer Stellar 1 in Purpleburst (PB).  So if you know of one that would like a new good home, please let me know.  Thanks!

Interesting and congratulations! I have never really reckoned the Stellar model and its specialties, 24 frets on long scale.

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Nice bunch of guitars!  Is this what you're looking for?  Honestly can't tell if it's a purple burst or not the lighting seems odd on my phone.  

https://reverb.com/item/18309119-hamer-double-cut

I am not sure either.  Looks more red than purple:

spacer.png

Sunburst:

spacer.png

Maybe Toadroller can confirm.

Thanks!

On 12/31/2019 at 4:37 AM, scottcald said:

There's also this one, but again hard to tell the color (at least to me):

https://www.musicgoround.com/product/41106-S000038158/used-hamer-stellar-electric-guitar

Scott,

Thanks for the lead! I called and bought it.

This is my third Hamer Stellar 1 .

spacer.png

The Music Go Round store is in St. Louis & I am in Newnan Ga (South of Atlanta) so I'll give them a week to get it to me.

Ye Ha!  HNG Day soon!

Mods will include Schaller Strap Locks, DiMarzio SD in the bridge & and a DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary Neck, and a bone nut.

Well, it's a NGD here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stellar 1 arrived from Music Go Round St. Louis (very well packed, top job doubled boxed), yeeeeeeeeeeee ha! 

That is indeed the  purple burst color.  Looks much more purple in person than in the photos.  Now to order the DiMarzio pups for it.

You rang?

I’ve got a Stellar 1 picked up off of eBay easily a decade ago.  A bargain at $100.  It also had an interesting mix of aftermarket pups in it- a Seymour Duncan of some kind in the bridge and a no-name PAF in the neck. It was another step in the direction and growth into USA Hamers as I could afford them.

Very unique in the Hamer history in that they weren’t an import version of an existing model.

Same color as what you just picked up. The figured tops are lacewood, a fancy name for oak, and they look great.  Enjoy!

On 1/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, Toadroller said:

You rang?

I’ve got a Stellar 1 picked up off of eBay easily a decade ago.  A bargain at $100.  It also had an interesting mix of aftermarket pups in it- a Seymour Duncan of some kind in the bridge and a no-name PAF in the neck. It was another step in the direction and growth into USA Hamers as I could afford them.

Very unique in the Hamer history in that they weren’t an import version of an existing model.

Same color as what you just picked up. The figured tops are lacewood, a fancy name for oak, and they look great.  Enjoy!

Thanks for the info!  I am really liking these Stellar 1 guitars.  The Stellar 3 doesn't interest me as I have that config well covered with my Squier Stagemasters.

The DiMarzios are ordered and should be about a week to get them and put them in.

Archived