Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Charvel USA Select San Dimas - Under $900

I'm posting this here because seems a stupid good deal.  Someone modded it to top mounted single coils, but even if you changed it back, it wouldn't be much damage.  Come with case.  No affiliation, but I figured I'd pass it on.  I've had another USA Select that was great, and I can't believe this one is hanging around when it's under $900.  

Only reason I'm posting is because I just bought a Jackson Fusion that is so tacky it would make Jim blush.  Otherwise, I would have probably bought it. 

https://reverb.com/item/27898257-charvel-usa-san-dimas-style-1-electric-guitar

6 hours ago, DaveL said:

nice deal,  the flat black version of this model is pretty cool.  Original owner definitely cost himself some bucks with that mod if the retailer is selling for $900.  

Yeah, weird thing to do on a guitar that cost in the neighborhood of $1500 new, particularly when it would have had to have been done when the guitar was new more less. They haven't been around all that long.  

I thought about buying it, switching back to body mount, and tried to make the new holes less obvious.

3 hours ago, LucSulla said:

No, the didn't.  Why someone would have bought a body-mount San Dimas only to turn right around and top mount the pups is weird.  

Yeah. I Don’t get it.    I Recently swapped a pickup in my top mount pro mod.   The new pickup (double bladed single coil) was a tight fit but I got it in the existing footprint and screw holes.  Hope this guy didn’t use the rings because he enlarged the routes underneath.     

9 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Surely he'd have disclosed that, right?  This isn't craigslist.

The seller is a music go round.   I don’t have enough experience with them but I know gc used for example usually doesn’t Check under the hood on stuff unless it’s a collectible piece.    Just saying probably best to ask.      

On 12/31/2019 at 9:39 AM, Carl.B said:

I am going to be out and about today and will try and stop in the store and check it out.  

Well went to the store 2X's now looking for this guitar first time was told it was in the back boxed and ready for shipment the first time. I asked if it had been sold and was told it hadn't been sold and told them I was interested in it no luck in them showing it to me. Went back this morning they did have it out after a quick look over I wouldn't give them half the asking price. Yeah the direct mount pickup's look ugly. The bigger issue was the neck it had a bow/twist in it and I don't think a truss rod adjustment would fix it. Now this is the same place I picked up a tremolo arm for my old Daytona. I remember they pulled out a box that had 50 or more tremolo arm's in it, I jokingly asked if they didn't sell the tremolo arms with any guitars, and I got a very dirty look back.   

Archived