Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Do you have a favorite Joe Walsh song?

bubs_42

On 12/31/2019 at 12:31 PM, bubs_42 said:

. I remember buying a Marshall Studio 20 out of a pawn shop when I was in my teens 

What's a Marshall Studio 20?
Do you mean the 80's Marshall 6V6 amp, the Studio 15?

qlzipqbz0veytogy8ady.jpg

Tomorrow. Joe Vitale is so funky on this a Over And Over.

I also really like Problems, though they seem antagonistic lyrically. So, the yin/yang of Joe. Rick Marotta channels Mr. Vitale....Problems was the song to hum when I faced something I didn't want to do like taxes, yard work, etc. Topical shit, nothing critical. That album falls off pretty quick and has fillers songs.

Still, guilty pleasure. 

6 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Yes, I had that new Studio 20 in my head. It was indeed a Studio 15. 

Never tried one of those. Almost bought one a couple of times. They used to be the only option for a  good low wattage Marshall ten years ago. Now there are many models out there between 1 to 20 watts, so these Studio 15's are not so hot any more (if they ever been?).

Saw and ad for one just now for 400$. I sent the seller a message. We'll see if it's still there, then I'll take it. Would be fun to try it out.

I cannot remember who said it here (Maybe Admiral  B ) To paraphrase his point, why would you buy a Marshall  15 watt 6V6 when Fender already creamed it.

If you want a Marshall sound get a Marshall.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:29 AM, Disturber said:

Never tried one of those. Almost bought one a couple of times. They used to be the only option for a  good low wattage Marshall ten years ago. Now there are many models out there between 1 to 20 watts, so these Studio 15's are not so hot any more (if they ever been?).

Saw and ad for one just now for 400$. I sent the seller a message. We'll see if it's still there, then I'll take it. Would be fun to try it out.

They are around $800 to $900 lately. 

19 hours ago, Rockola said:

I cannot remember who said it here (Maybe Admiral  B ) To paraphrase his point, why would you buy a Marshall  15 watt 6V6 when Fender already creamed it.

If you want a Marshall sound get a Marshall.

Master Volume, more gain, and a 12" Speaker. Totally different flavor. 

I get it. I was probably the target demographic had I been in the market in '87-'88  My JCM-800, Vibrolux and JC-120 had my sonics covered. I would still like one but with the current market/mystique, I could get a Carr Mercury used with attenuator for a couple hundred more. 

Which, not oddly, sounds very appealing in this phase of my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived