10" speaker

Works good, nice condition

Missing a nut in the headphone output

Have too many amps and don't play out anymore

Can send more photos if needed

250.00 shipped may entertain an offer

DSC01248.JPG

22 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

If anyone cares, 12AT7 in V1 and a RF10 and thank me later. Super Sleepers, they are just loaded with way to much gain. The 12at7 pull that down, you can run the gain on 10 and your in classic rock territory. 

Agree completely. I used to have a love affair with VC 30’s (don’t need the volume anymore) and with 12ax7’s they were way too fizzy on high gain. 12at7’s tailored the gain to my liking and made perfect creamy distortion. 

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

If I wasn't up to my ears in amps, I'd buy it. I have a black one with a 12" and i've wanted one with a 10. Does this one have Reverb? 

No, unfortunately it does not. But you know you want it anyway.

I've had a cream VC30 since they first came out.  It was my gig amp for years.  Tough, reliable and heavy as hell.  My tone recipe always involved the clean channel.  Dime it (or close to it) to get the power tubes happy, '94 Special FM on the neck pickup (bridge only occasionally) and clean to dirty was right in your volume control.

Looking back, it was a very good recipe but I shied away from the dirty channel for the reasons mentioned above.  I've got a bunch of AT7 and AU7's  What position would these go in to tame the buzz channel and leave the clean channel un messed with?

I've met a couple of VC 20's and they're terrific amps, great grab and go's.  GLWTS, sorry for the derail.

3 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

In V1, so the first tube. 

Actually, I think Tomteriffic was asking about the Vintage Club 30 (VC3112 for the combo), so V1 will impact both the clean and dirty channel since they both pass through it, V2 and V3 should be your additional gain stages for the dirty channel, from memory anyways....I think I would get a tube in V1 that makes the clean channel exactly the way you want it, and then swap out V2 and V3 to get the dirty channel the way you want it.

10 hours ago, jginsj said:

Actually, I think Tomteriffic was asking about the Vintage Club 30 (VC3112 for the combo), so V1 will impact both the clean and dirty channel since they both pass through it, V2 and V3 should be your additional gain stages for the dirty channel, from memory anyways....I think I would get a tube in V1 that makes the clean channel exactly the way you want it, and then swap out V2 and V3 to get the dirty channel the way you want it.

John, you are correct in that assumption.  I haven't cracked it open in decades so I wasn't sure what I'd find.

BTW, the guy who designed the Vintage Clubs was a student of mine back when guitar amps were hand cranked.  Later, he tipped me to the real goodies being in the clean channel.  Also, these amps happened when Sovtek and Mesa tubes were pretty much all you could find. He said he designed it around those realities.  As I mentioned I haven't had it open in decades and have only retubed it once, just on general principles, not because there was a problem.  IIRC it's all Sovteks in there and other than the hair metal oriented dirt channel, have never had a problem with it.

4 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

John, you are correct in that assumption.  I haven't cracked it open in decades so I wasn't sure what I'd find.

BTW, the guy who designed the Vintage Clubs was a student of mine back when guitar amps were hand cranked.  Later, he tipped me to the real goodies being in the clean channel.  Also, these amps happened when Sovtek and Mesa tubes were pretty much all you could find. He said he designed it around those realities.  As I mentioned I haven't had it open in decades and have only retubed it once, just on general principles, not because there was a problem.  IIRC it's all Sovteks in there and other than the hair metal oriented dirt channel, have never had a problem with it.

I own one of his post Crate Amps. He modded it for me with a bigger out put transformer and took it from 6v6 to 6l6. I would have thought it was gutted and redone. 

23 hours ago, Punkavenger said:

A vintage club 50 watt with 15 inch speaker was my first amp.  Bought it from a guy in a Mariachi band  :) Clean tones were just beautiful but it was kinda loud for home use.

Had a 50 watt head and yep!  The 50 watters were class AB, the 30 watter was all Class A, like a Vox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, JGravelin said:

Bitchin' little amp! I'm so so tempted but really shouldn't...but...but....

GLWS!

C'mon Josh! I'll deliver! I'm not that far away!

I'm not desperate by any means, just need a road trip!

Archived