Hamer Fan Club Message Center

To our Australian HFC'ers - be safe

Hope all is well with all you Australian HFC'ers. It does not look good on the European news channels

Safe life and guitars fellows! All good luck and health! Those fire storms look terrible, apparently, creating their own weather.

The whole situation is heartbreaking, and scary. Saw some footage showing hundreds of kangaroos hightailing across the plains trying to outrun and find a safe place from the smoke and flames... and probably not making it out. And people trying to help some koalas and giving them much needed water.

Australia also has some of the deadliest critters in the world, and I'm imagining all these things plus the regular critters and people converging... That in itself is scary as hell to me.

Have they given a cause as to what started it? Do we have any HFC members there? Godspeed.

4 hours ago, DaveH said:

Have they given a cause as to what started it? Do we have any HFC members there? Godspeed.

@AndyD and @Kalessin - and there might be a few others...?

9 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Are those koalas going to lose all the eucalyptus trees? 

This is actually a great question having in mind that the koalas strictly stick to a one food source policy, if I’m right.

Looks to me like the Koala pictured above is getting an Iodine-based soak for it's burned paws before they apply something like Silvadene cream then dressings.  It's probably heavily sedated as well, especially if there's still debriding to be done to those paws, too.

I have cousins in Oz that have been advised to vacate their property which they’ve spent ten years building.  He’s a Vet too so animals dying, let alone people, will affect him big time.

£50 donation made by me through WWF UK.  

My music theory knowledge is in need of improvement so any highly recommended video would be useful. 

All forum drama aside, the situation in Australia is a heart wrenching situation which compelled me to donate on FB before I saw this post.

But sometimes you find additional motivation to contribute.  $50 to a desperate situation and an opportunity to expand my guitar playing skill sets and theory. Win win. ;)

1 minute ago, hamerhead said:

Yeah, the mods should probably remove that picture. Besides the obvious, this ain't the outer circle.

Agreed. There's torching someone online, and then there's explicit, vulgar and tasteless imagery that flirts with, if not outright crosses a line. My .02...

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Wow.  I go away for just a few minutes and miss the best shit storm of the year.  I gotta' reset my priorities...

Just set a reminder for yourself. It always kicks up around NAMM time, for the reasons stated previously. Maybe we'll get lucky and the "throw you off a balcony" idiocy will be regurgitated as well.

Hilarious stuff. The only way it could be better is if Rick Benegbi and/or pAnZy attempted a comeback in this thread.

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Wow.  I go away for just a few minutes and miss the best shit storm of the year.  I gotta' reset my priorities...

The year's just getting started; plenty of time left for contenders.  😜

13 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Hilarious stuff. The only way it could be better is if Rick Benegbi and/or pAnZy attempted a comeback in this thread.

Then we would really be roaring into the '20s!

25 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Joe, you classy high-road traveler you, your sacrifice in removing the evidence, er, I mean your CONTRIBUTIONS to his fund-raising thread are what surely make YOU the victor.

I guess I can only find solace in knowing that the teenage son you are currently raising will liquidate your entire guitar collection 10 minutes after you flatline someday probably soon (that hypertension is the silent killer, so I've heard) so he can pay for a new identity and a new life abroad away from the fucking embarrassment of being your progeny. Lucky for him, a single one of your guitars will pay for a name change and if he bears any physical  resemblance to you, the proceeds from about 5 of those O'Conner SS's will cover the plastic surgery.

YbjAhRd.gif

Archived