Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Late '80's Robin RV/Medley At DGS

2 hours ago, chromium said:

That is a lot of guitar for 500 bucks. Think the model name on that was RV-1, made by Tokai.  I have the Tokai VS-60 - pretty much the same deal, but with a strat head instead of the hockey stick.

That is correct.  Too bad about the added switches, but it was the '80s and that was the law.

101688C-600x862.jpg

Awesome! Glad you got it. I have a weakness for those, having grown up in Houston and spent many a teenage Saturday annoying the fine staff at Rockin' Robin - where there coincidentally was an abundance of Robins.

Don't forget about me if you find that it's not to your liking ;) Bet you will dig it, though!

Cheers

Damn fine looking guitar and a freaking ROCK MONSTER.  Congrats.

Dang, I'd call serious dibs on it - yes its THAT cool - but it can't happen.  I'm in serious TTH mode and will be for a while.

If you want a factory HSC for it - there is one listed on REVERB that appears to be in great shape, but it is painfully pricey.

I hopefully will be able to live vicariously through any detailed review you might post (PLEASE) once you get it home and are able to finger-hump it for a while. 

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

whats the pickup in that thing...?

I’ve been trying to ascertain that as I wait for it to arrive, based on the few pictures in the posting. I’m eager to get to the bottom of that, as well as sort out what exactly was stuffed into the control cavity. It should be here early next week. 

18 minutes ago, Keoghpjk said:

I’ve been trying to ascertain that as I wait for it to arrive, based on the few pictures in the posting. I’m eager to get to the bottom of that, as well as sort out what exactly was stuffed into the control cavity. It should be here early next week. 

Very cool. Eagerly awaiting a full review with tone report. 

I mean, what are those, double Phillips head pole pieces?  I’m not familiar with a common pickup using that construction. 

21 hours ago, Keoghpjk said:

Happy to have helped. Even with all the modifications, I couldn’t resist it at that price. Not a bad way to start the new year!

Great score on that one!

18 hours ago, Keoghpjk said:

I was speculating that it might be a Bill Lawrence L-100. 

Given that and the mystery preamp, I think someone wanted to melt some faces.

45 minutes ago, chromium said:

I was speculating that it might be a Bill Lawrence L-100.

I’ve been thinking the same. I’ve not seen an L-100 with the surround before, but I have seen plenty of Lawrence stuff that’s surprised me over the years. 

Archived