Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Talladega Sighting on Reverb

Actually, I wonder why this guitar belongs to the earthen set since the top looks pretty clean, without the earthen muckiness.

11 hours ago, gorch said:

Actually, I wonder why this guitar belongs to the earthen set since the top looks pretty clean, without the earthen muckiness.

I've never seen one like that either. 

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

A regular Tally in decent shape is more like $2200-2300, no?

Agreed.  Since this is a run of 25, maybe a $200 bump.  That one looks similar to mine but mine wasn't called EM.  I am wondering what the threshold for Earthen is?  I thought the heavier mineral streaks were a criteria.

7 hours ago, atomicwash said:

I’m guessing it was the same batch of maple.

It had been the same batch of maple laying in the mud for decades soaking up dirt creating the particular texture. Guitars can be identified by the additional stamping below the serial number. I was just wondering about the top looking so clean compared to #1. 

5 hours ago, gorch said:

It had been the same batch of maple laying in the mud for decades soaking up dirt creating the particular texture. Guitars can be identified by the additional stamping below the serial number. I was just wondering about the top looking so clean compared to #1. 

Also the front of the headstock will be in earthen maple instead of black as on the regular Talladega's.

Gabe 😀

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Also the front of the headstock will be in earthen maple instead of black as on the regular Talladega's.

Gabe 😀

Good point....

https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/hamer-talledega-earthen-maple-limited-edition.html

https://s742.photobucket.com/user/drendino/media/Talladega/photo_zpsdcd13599.jpg.html

Archived