Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

Well, as long as I am TRYING to keep with my new resolutions, I am going to toss a few more out there for your consideration before I expand the sales effort too broadly. Apologies in advance for the guitar pron and the prices that come with it......

There are lots of opinions as to what makes the perfect "singlecut". Not trying to reignite that discussion......I will only speak about what works for me....The first two of these are clearly aimed at the "Les Paul" model. In fact the first has been referenced as the "Les Paul Killer" in PRS circles. It is part of a limited run of Private Stocks in 2014, which preceded the "594" line. It is not the first singlecut that PRS made, but it is, arguably, where they took it to a new level. And the 57/08 pickups are the ones that started PRS on the road to their best sounds ever (IMO, of course).

One of the best looking tops I have run across.

Note that the inlays are made of MAMMOTH ivory. PRS no longer offers them as an option.

Condition: Great shape, very little use. The top had a couple of light swirl marks. Private Stock style leather hardshell case, paperwork and PS Certificate included.
Top: Private Stock Curly maple top
Body: African Ribbon Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard: Madagascar Rosewood fretboard, Curly Maple binding, 24.5″ scale length
Headstock: Curly Maple stained with Mammoth Eagle, Santana shape
Inlays: Mammoth old style birds
Binding: Curly Maple binding along the fretboard
Finish: McCarty Glow / High gloss Nitro finish
Tuners: Phase III locking tuning pegs with Ivoroid buttons
Pickups: 57/08- nickel covered pickups
Electronics: 2 Volume, 2 Tone w/ 3-way toggle
Bridge: 2 piece PRS Stoptail
Hardware: Nickel
Nut: Bone Nut
Case: Private Stock style hardshell

Case candy includes  the original store sign with the $8500+ price tag.

Note also that this does NOT have the coil split function that many PRS models do. Added pictures to come. In the meantime, this link......

https://bend.craigslist.org/msg/d/battle-ground-paul-reed-smith-private/7051269453.html

(AACK! How did I get that posted in the wrong city?!)

42593924885_316349b2be_b.jpg

Asking $5400, including shipping CONUS only. Please add fees if necessary.

Edited by django49
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Take two is from one of my favorite non-USA builders. I reckon you have heard his name. I have had more Nik Huber guitars pass through my hands than I care to recount. I think it fair to call this amongst the best of them. It also goes in the "LP" direction, with one slight difference....a 25" scale.

2014 Huber Orca 59 with insane quilted maple top in a classic faded lemon burst finish.

Used but still in overall excellent condition '59 Orca guitar with virtually no signs of use, with the original case and certificate of authenticity included. The '59 Orca from Nik Huber is the German luthier's take on a late '50s-type single cut guitar. Construction includes a thick mahogany body and a supremely quilted Eastern European maple top in a lemon burst shade and with patterns that look very leopard-like. One of those guitars that is more amazing in person than in the pictures.
In addition, this guitar has quilted maple binding on the neck, which features a Brasilian Rosewood fingerboard. Note also the exotic hardwood "trim parts".
New, today, this would be in excess of $9,000 I do believe.

Includes: Original Hardshell Case and Certificate of Authenticity

It is REALLY hard to choose between this and the PRS above. This one is somewhat more flexible, having the coil split, which works so well with the Haussell 59 pickup set.

More pictures to come. In the meantime. this link.....

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/d/battle-ground-nik-huber-orca-59/7052456416.html

48604234946_a9a8a13344_b.jpgH

Asking the same price as for the PRS.

Edited by django49
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Finally....I DID say three.......

Well, this is sort of in the LP mode, but in other ways not so. You may know how a certain blue Huber Dolphin has been my Numero Uno since 2012. And you may also be sick of hearing about it.

Well, this is NOT that guitar. Rather, it is an earlier guitar that is very similar, but much more tricked out. In addition to the exceptional quilted maple top and matching headstock overlay, it has a quilted MAHOGANY body(!) When is the last time you have seen THAT? The Brazilian Rosewood board features dolphin inlays and is finished with flamed maple binding. And it has exotic wood "trim parts". And it does not come with the effects of the several years of banging about as my original......

Excellent condition. Come with the OHSC and certificate of authenticity.

As stated, my number one guitar for the past EIGHT years has been a nearly identical, but less fancy, Dolphin II. I am downsizing and it makes little sense for me to have such a great guitar as this as a backup.Jeez, what was I thinking?

Asking $5100, inc CONUS shipping......Add fees if necessary.

30925865618_8dccdce4a4_k.jpg

44747294982_de93989331_k.jpg

44747295182_8e05d2ed4a_z.jpg

30925865768_639b1cfddb_k.jpg

I am guessing I may start having withdrawal pains if so much of my "good stuff" goes away. OTOH, time marches on, my age is increasing and I am able to spend less time with "my babies". WTH, maybe they will not sell and I can at least say, at dinner, "Well, I TRIED!" 😉

Edited by django49
  • Like 7

Lort!

Those guitars are all you need to make friends.  Could I just come over and fondle your guitars for a while?  If you could loan one to me while waiting on a sale I promise to give it back. 

• Haha 1

Those are some scary incredible guitars!!! Each one is beautiful!!! 

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Those guitars are all you need to make friends.  Could I just come over and fondle your guitars for a while?  If you could loan one to me while waiting on a sale I promise to give it back. 

Hey man......Let me know next time you are passing through!

• Haha 1

Jeezy Petes Don; those are incredible.

Oh my goodness.  I’d probably faint walking around your guitar collection.  Outstanding!

Love that SC. I wish PRS sold those TOM bridges. I’d love to use them in some of my builds. GLWTS.

Tell me a guitar builder can't be an artist in his own right. Gorgeous.  All of 'em.   GLWTS.

• Like 1