Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Floyd Rose Pre-1984 History

DarrenD

So I've been obsessed with three main things since the age of 14:  Hamers, Kramers (but mostly Hamers ;), and floating tremolos.  I'm a psychotic Floyd nut and obsessed with finding oddball Floyds.  Unlike most guitar branded history, Floyd Rose history is virtually non-existent except for general details in how he came up with the idea.

Here is a video series on made regarding the pre-Schaller years, which are very hazy at best due to Floyd rarely talking about this in detail, and in fact, most people don't even know Fernandes/Japan made the first Floyds.  They played a huge role in the early prototypes and designs we see today.

If you are a Floyd guy, this is the series for you.  If you hate Floyds, this will make you hate Floyds even more.  

Been mad on Floyds since I first discovered them early 80's! Had one of the first Kramer distro ones on my Kramer Focus. I have an 86 one (intact) in my parts drawer...

2 hours ago, slingblader said:

Fernayndays

Yeah, a lil' bit of mid west in that accent?

Turns out there's a metric shit ton of info I did NOT know about Floyds. And I tend to think I know a good bit about them. I don't know shit. 😐

9 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Yeah, a lil' bit of mid west in that accent?

We don’t say it like that... 

Just now, Travis said:

We don’t say it like that... 

Apparently I don't shit about accents, too. 😆

That's why it was posed as a question. ;)

5 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Apparently I don't shit about accents, too. 😆

That's why it was posed as a question. ;)

If I counted up all ofthe shit I don’t know shit about, there would be a lot of shit on that list...

The prelude video is just a short glimpse of what I talk about in the other videos.  Go to the description section and there are links to more detailed videos on each version - It's here where I talk about the Rockinger in more detail (and the unknown facts about it).  And yes, I'm midwestern (sorry!) but admit I tend to get too Midwestern at times with my accent when I start to talk fast. 😁

Floyd has been asked detailed question regarding the pre-Schaller years for many years but doesn't seem interested in discussing that era.

56 minutes ago, DarrenD said:

The prelude video is just a short glimpse of what I talk about in the other videos.  Go to the description section and there are links to more detailed videos on each version - It's here where I talk about the Rockinger in more detail (and the unknown facts about it).  And yes, I'm midwestern (sorry!) but admit I tend to get too Midwestern at times with my accent when I start to talk fast. 😁

Floyd has been asked detailed question regarding the pre-Schaller years for many years but doesn't seem interested in discussing that era.

As a bona fide Floyd fanatic, I doff my cap to you, sir! I'm loving these vids on the most exalted and beloved of rock guitar hardware- the mighty Floyd Rose trem! :D 

ps- I thought I heard some mid west in that twang! ;)  

Though I have followed the FR story early on, my only real interest is the Schaller-made Floyd from 1983-on. I'd like to get a german made 2014 non-finetuner FR in gold or/and black. Otherwise I am not that trem-crazy as I have been years ago. I might de-Floyd one of my Kramer Focus with a Schaller vintage trem.

10 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Thanks for all the work you put into that.  People like you are what make YouTube so awesome! 

Well, that and videos of bouncing boobs...

I really like my Floyd Rose Guitars..

003.JPG

Axcess.jpg

006.JPG

EVH Axis.jpg

Archived