Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just watched a 8 minute YouTube video of Dance the Night Away from DLR on his opening show from yesterday. Sweet Jesus. That Angel video is a masterpiece compared to Roth. If that one song is a representation of his whole show he’s in big trouble. If Kiss saw it I’d bet they are rethinking that opening slot thing. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is bad. O so bad. I also saw You Really Got Me and Unchained over on TGP.

Terrible, horrible terrible vocals. Sad. I am an early VH fan; and saw them a bunch then.
Stilted, awkward, out of key and just BAD.

I am a vocalist on my solo albums and it is hard..., really hard....but OMG this is SHOCKiINGLY bad. The guys doing BGVs sound like Mikey and EVH.  Dave is done. He cannot sing anymore. 

You know, i read this thread thinking you guys were just being harsh. I know Dave’s vocals aren’t as strong as they used to be. And it’s always hard to see your heros fall. But it couldn’t be that bad. 

I got exactly 1:24 into the video before I had to shut it off. 

I prefer to remember Dave as he was, not as he is...

I'm taking my 15-year-old daughter to see KISS in October. Her passion is singing, and her sense of pitch and timing is excellent. In fact, I recently discovered she has the ability to sing notes out of thin air and nail the pitch every time (I wish I could do that). So as much as DLR's caterwauling is going to hurt my ears, it's going to be ten times worse for her. I should probably start apologizing now.

Yeeessh.

While I will maintain that the original VH lineup was one of the best live acts I got to see and I have always been a fan of pre-Sammy VH...Dave is done.  Over.

He actually sounded good on the reunion tour, but hell, that was a dozen years ago already!

Is there one from out in the house somewhere?  Sounds like we're hearing the onstage monitor.  Out of the mains it may be sweet sounding.   I don't think pride or anything has to do with it.  I think he just likes doing it and if he can line stuff up, he'll do it.   To be fair, it's not like Paul Stanley sounds great these days either. 

Guys, don’t complain about an old man adding to his pure retirement fund. Honor the heritage on stage.

The video is a close up. I’m sure it sounded better from the distance. B)

3 hours ago, gorch said:

The video is a close up. I’m sure it sounded better from the distance. B)

How many miles away would that be...?

Archived