Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC - Neil Peart

Teh

I just discovered the news of this on another site, what a huge loss to music this is, I've  been a big fan of Rush since my early teens.  I had suspected something like this might have been wrong when they retired from touring, but of course had hoped not, but that aside obviously playing a usually 3-hour long set of music as complex as theirs would be hugely demanding to anyone, but more so to people who are in their 60s.  I only saw them live once on their 'Permanent Waves' tour in 1980 when I was 15 and not really mature enough to fully appreciate their music.  There are a couple of long books I've read every few years since my 20s and each time I read them I find more things in them I hadn't noticed or appreciated on previous reading; it's a bit like this for me with Rush too, only it's music instead of literature.  A life sadly curtailed by an awful disease but he acheived so much and did so much, he fulfilled his potential, lived his dream and gained huge recognition for his abilities.  I'd hoped there might have been one or two more studio albums to come from Rush even though they'd stopped touring but I obviously I have an answer to that personal question now.   RIP Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived