Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - A Very Tacky 91 Jackson Fusion

LucSulla

Yeah, that seriously tacky finish and the short scale offset the attributes of an otherwise killer ax! Congrats!!!

2 hours ago, gwayne said:

I must be weird because I like it!

Not weird, just have awful taste in art?  😆

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Stike has a cure for that awful paint job.

+1 

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Change it?  I bought it because of it!  😂

That right there is the "Bikini Beach" graphic option available on the 90/91 Jackson Fusions.  It's so of its era that I couldn't resist it.  To boot, the thing is almost mint. I was worried about buying a Fusion due to the 24.75" scale but decided to give it a go because I thought it was so over the top ridiculous, just like the era that produced it.   I'd no more refinish this party loud classic than cut the fins off a '57 Chevy.

I actually didn't know how rare USA Fusions are until reading up more last night.  I shouldn't have worried about the scale length; the damn thing feels and sounds great. 

I love USA  Jackson guitars. I`ve owned a few USA Fusions, and just couldn`t play the skinny necks on them. If you like thin necks, the Fusion and Dinky are for you. Both bolt on, but the Dinky being 25.5 scale necks. Now, Soloists, that`s my jam!!

I've had, at this point:

USA Adrian Smith
USA Soloist
USA Fusion
Japanese DK2M
Japanese RR5

Should have kept the Soloist, but I may pick another one up.  The Adrian Smith was cool on paper, but I never liked it as much as the strathead Charvels I have.  The other two were fine, but just felt a little cheap.  

I'm one of those weirdos who likes everything from thin necks to 59 LP neck profiles.  

22 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I've had, at this point:

USA Adrian Smith
USA Soloist
USA Fusion
Japanese DK2M
Japanese RR5

Should have kept the Soloist, but I may pick another one up.  The Adrian Smith was cool on paper, but I never liked it as much as the strathead Charvels I have.  The other two were fine, but just felt a little cheap.  

I'm one of those weirdos who likes everything from thin necks to 59 LP neck profiles.  

The Japan DK2M is a best buy used. I need to get one. It does seam though their prices have crept up though lately.

Here's a curious thing about it. 

I post my new guitars on Instagram, as you do.  This is the first one that has gotten so many likes from women, which was actually pretty unexpected.  Some of these women I forgot I was even connected with as they post so little on any of my pictures.  

So, I don't know...  maybe it isn't as tasteless as I think. 

But it probably is. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:50 AM, Steve Haynie said:

On 1/12/2020 at 12:35 PM, LucSulla said:

Change it?  I bought it because of it!  😂

That right there is the "Bikini Beach" graphic option available on the 90/91 Jackson Fusions.  It's so of its era that I couldn't resist it.  To boot, the thing is almost mint. I was worried about buying a Fusion due to the 24.75" scale but decided to give it a go because I thought it was so over the top ridiculous, just like the era that produced it.   I'd no more refinish this party loud classic than cut the fins off a '57 Chevy.

I actually didn't know how rare USA Fusions are until reading up more last night.  I shouldn't have worried about the scale length; the damn thing feels and sounds great. 

That thing is original and in great shape, I wouldn't respray it. It's not the worst airbrushed gal I've ever seen but it's not the best either. I'm more of a Vargas or Betty Page guy myself.

Now this, this is bad.

83307282_1553815068104775_673926526755930112_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Stike said:

That thing is original and in great shape, I wouldn't respray it. It's not the worst airbrushed gal I've ever seen but it's not the best either. I'm more of a Vargas or Betty Page guy myself.

On point.

I don't find the subject matter bothersome, just the manner in which it was rendered. Yeah, I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But in the realm of well-handled airbrushing and choice of styles that could have been opted for, well...  I'm glad LucSulla is digging it.  ;)

3 hours ago, Stike said:

Now this, this is bad.

83307282_1553815068104775_673926526755930112_n.jpg

The word "extrusion" comes to mind. 

Archived