Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cabronita Tele Build. Thinline or Not?

bubs_42

Cabronita Thinline build  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I played one of the New Cabronita guitars at CME last weekend and Doug and I both dug that guitar. So now I want to do a build, I found a guitar local that was pretty mint but the neck had been replace with a Foto Flame Neck so I bought the guitar for the neck. I though man that would be perfect on a MJT Cabronita Build. 

Here is what i'm thinking. 

Foto Flame Neck (rosewood board)

Ash Cabronita Body

Trans Sonic Blue

Tort Guard. 

Light Aging 

Trons

Brass Saddle Bridge

Would I be wrong to add a tone pot? 

Are you ordering the body from somewhere like MJT or Musikraft?

I've had some killer Musikraft bodies recently. There are 4 Hollow Tele bodies going - one all mahogany (one piece back and top), a Korina top on a hollow Swamp Ash back, and two hollow Swamp Ash bodies.  The Mahogany will be close to a Cabronita, but with a cool twist.  The Korina, 2 Humbuckers, one swamp Ash gets a Dimarzio Chopper T and a neck TVJ DuoTron.  No plans for the fourth body...that might go in a future parts sale.

Worth looking into MK if you want something interesting!

A2DCECDA-5AF6-47ED-9693-0C4B393579E1.jpeg

E6D371A0-7D55-4B38-9007-F4139FB5965B.jpeg

FB629922-02EC-49B3-99FE-F93744992CB9.jpeg

C1A5A1B7-23F4-4833-BF15-CE9F7C45F8D5.jpeg

Not sure about the tort on trans blue but I am aligned with the rest. Add a tone pot if you’re going to use it. It’s your build. 

Here's mine, 'Fatback'-sized Musikraft roasted figured Maple neck with stainless steel medium jumbo frets and relic'd bound Ash MJT body in Daphne Blue, weight 6.8 lbs. total; TysonTone neck and Lollar bridge P-90's, Glendale bridge, saddles, and string ferrules.  Photos are from DGS where I purchased it, their camera is better than mine.  It's light enough for me to where having Thinline construction isn't really necessary; besides, I'm more of a fan of solid wood, especially Ash:

azSWB2A.jpg

UsnrZv1.jpg

Edited to add: I bought this guitar pre-owned (can I really call a pre-relic'd guitar 'used'?), so none of the assembled bits and pieces were my idea, the only change I've done since besides strings (back to thru-body instead of top loading, this Glendale bridge can do both) is replacing the Gibson-style switch surround with a Allparts chromed metal switch surround, to kinda match the hardware.

Archived