Hamer Fan Club Message Center

C'mon Man - Guitar Idiocy from the Interwebs

LucSulla

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:50 PM, FrettyMcgee said:

Ah, uber rare $3000 Kramer Prototype, because it sez "Kramer Prototype" right on it!

s-l1600.jpg

Don't feel LEFT out, you righties.....only $4000:

s-l1600.jpg

But wait! There's more!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/branleje/m.html?item=264886305354&hash=item3dac74424a%3Ag%3AS04AAOSw31pfeNGu&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Dang!  All lefties.  I was going to buy the lot!

6 hours ago, scottcald said:

Perfect condition.  maybe that's like Jim Marshall's first prototype 4x12.  

His 412 prototype were actually 812 cabs special ordered by Pete Townshend. Turned out Pete’s roadies hated them (surprise) and had pairs of 412s made to replace them. The birth of the full stack.

3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

His 412 prototype were actually 812 cabs special ordered by Pete Townshend. Turned out Pete’s roadies hated them (surprise) and had pairs of 412s made to replace them. The birth of the full stack.

Didn’t they cut them in half?  Or am I misremembering the story...?

14 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

That's a possibility prior to Townshend ordering pairs of 412s. It sounds familiar. 

I think it also made it easier for Townshend to knock the upper cab over onto Moon's drums in their explosive finale......

28 minutes ago, tommy p said:

On my local CL right now...

00t0t_7XAo3PIcjDxz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Please tell me that’s just tape that can be easily peeled off...

I mean, not that it’s really hurting the value on an import Jackson, but still...

• 4 weeks later...

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/msg/d/wellington-prs-silver-sky-lunar-ice/7303062968.html

PRS silver Sky lunar ice - $4,000

Brand new, untouched, unplayed. 1/1000 rare John Mayer strat. Open to trades

spacer.png

I heard about people buying these to re-sell, because of the 'limited edition' paint job. Since this has clearly been purchased from a dealer once, it is no longer 'new'. Further, if it is 'untouched', how did it get on that stand? Did it open the box and case from the inside and levitate itself out on to the stand? If so, then the price is actually quite reasonable. 🤩 If not, than the sellers claims are less than truthful. Shocking, I know. 🤑

5 hours ago, Tortious said:

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/msg/d/wellington-prs-silver-sky-lunar-ice/7303062968.html

spacer.png

I heard about people buying these to re-sell, because of the 'limited edition' paint job. Since this has clearly been purchased from a dealer once, it is no longer 'new'. Further, if it is 'untouched', how did it get on that stand? Did it open the box and case from the inside and levitate itself out on to the stand? If so, then the price is actually quite reasonable. 🤩 If not, than the sellers claims are less than truthful. Shocking, I know. 🤑

Looks like it comes with an official PRS toilet seat....Bonus.

23 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Looks like it comes with an official PRS toilet seat....Bonus.

The commode lid stand nicely complements the two Howterd Dungball amps seen at the back right.

Brown sound to the buttery bone, baby!

On 4/18/2021 at 1:48 PM, Tortious said:

spacer.png

LOOK! It's LEVITATING!!!

image.png

Archived