Hamer Fan Club Message Center

C'mon Man - Guitar Idiocy from the Interwebs

LucSulla

This is a whole 'nother level.

I got this guitar in 1997. I got it from the original owner. His wife had it made for him and had it custom painted with a picture of her on the guitar. She was an adult film star. She gave it to him as a birthday present I think. He rarely played it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Charvette-Custom-80s-Super-Strat-Duncan-Pickup-Electric-Guitar/203305550754?hash=item2f55f483a2%3Ag%3ASUsAAOSwvPpgTj~G&LH_ItemCondition=3000

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LucSulla said:

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Dana_V said:

Yikes.

Charvette.JPG

You buried the lead there.
It gets worse when you look at the whole picture.
The proportions of that massive, masculine head on that petite body is hysterical and a little off-putting.

s-l1600.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

She looks like one of those supermodels that exclusively date Hamer SS collectors from New Jersey

Looks like the head of a less pretty Kip Winger on a 7/8 scale lingerie model's body.

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

Looks like the head of a less pretty Kip Winger on a 7/8 scale lingerie model's body.

I’ve not seen that adult film...

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

You buried the lead there.
It gets worse when you look at the whole picture.
The proportions of that massive, masculine head on that petite body is hysterical and a little off-putting.

s-l1600.jpg

...and what's going on with her (?) hands? Are those mittens? And what is she (?) doing? Welding?

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I’ve not seen that adult film...

Seen it?  You're IN it!

1 minute ago, Dana_V said:

...and what's going on with her (?) hands? Are those mittens? And what is she (?) doing? Welding?

I hope not. She's not wearing OSHA approved welding protective gear.
Very irresponsible.

Oh, I see it.  I just think "she" looks more like the Hoff than the Kip.   Maybe if "she" had a jaw o' stubble.

I will concede this:  Any dude that tries to hook up with her is headed for a heartbreak.

Kip Winger tried to pick a friend of mine up once who was waiting on his table at a restaurant in Nashville.  After an evening of trying out other lines the whole meal, he finally broke out the, "You know, I'm Kip Winger."

She responded, "No shit.  Definite a point against you, and definitely not the only one."

4 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

Kip Winger tried to pick a friend of mine up once who was waiting on his table at a restaurant in Nashville.  After an evening of trying out other lines the whole meal, he finally broke out the, "You know, I'm Kip Winger."

She responded, "No shit.  Definite a point against you, and definitely not the only one."

Was she only 17?

Was her name Madalaine?

Did Kip tell her he was hungry.....for her love?

1 minute ago, Ed Rechts said:

Does anyone else wonder if one disenfranchised rural Tennessee teenage metal head wanted to see if he could "improve" a Charvette? Or really make it suck?

Not sure if a Charvette could either be improved or made to suck even more than it did from the factory. 

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

She looks like David Hasselhoff in drag.  Perhaps a German buyer will snap it up. 

Charvette.JPGspacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, LucSulla said:

The most custom of customs.  Even signed by Neil "Smack You In The Mouth" Diamond. 

image.png

https://reverb.com/item/37760439-gibson-highly-customized-les-paul-signed-by-neil-diamond-natural

What in the actual fuck...?  I can’t even with the headstock modification and the tuner placement...

If someone really wants to customize a headstock to have the tuners situated to have a straight string alignment with no angle at the nut it is possible to find tuners with longer button shafts.  Having a machinist make something would be better than just cutting out a lot of wood. 

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

If someone really wants to customize a headstock to have the tuners situated to have a straight string alignment with no angle at the nut it is possible to find tuners with longer button shafts.  Having a machinist make something would be better than just cutting out a lot of wood. 

Refinishing the guitar in turd paste would be better than that Brent-esque modification.

Archived