Hamer Fan Club Message Center
LucSulla

C'mon Man - Guitar Idiocy from the Interwebs

On 2/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, kizanski said:

Limited edition?  I doubt 250 people want this, but why wouldn't they be able to reprint from the pdf or InDesign file again?

11 hours ago, LucSulla said:

There is some real gold on this thread. 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/i-refused-to-buy-a-guitar-because-he-was-thinning-the-herd.2127038/

I get that there are some cringy things that get used to death in selling a guitar, but passing on one because you're just too damn tired of seeing "thinning the herd,"  jeez...

Seventeen pages and counting. Wow.

Just some "typical" neck pocket cracks.  

spacer.png

12 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Just some "typical" neck pocket cracks.  

spacer.png

WTF?? - Ron Burgundy I am not even mad or That's amazing ...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sixesandsevens said:

I'm not up on the details.  What's wrong with the headstock here?

Me either, but a quick search shows a USA decal looking more like this:

ymmksvpkk4xgo2topbfc.jpg

The decal in the ad may be a bit TOO "Made in U.S.A."  Also, and maybe it's camera angle / fisheye effect, the placement and size of the decal looks suspect.

Edited by velorush
  • Like 2

The font is wrong.  I'm also not sure that the "M" stamped on the neck in the actual add is a good sign. 

• Like 2

Plus, the headstock shape is wrong, proportions are way off. 

5 hours ago, Travis said:

Plus, the headstock shape is wrong, proportions are way off. 

Yeah, it looks to long, at least that angle. Tuner placement and end of HS is too large. 
With my inebriated eyes anyway.

Trussrod nut, cutout are all wrong. Logo is wrong, and the DOM stamps are wrong. China. 

The only thing that looks legit is the neck plate. The seller doesn’t know what they have. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

So unnecessary.

Will drier sheets remove skank stank?

That seller has been running ads like that for years.  It may even be the same guitars for years. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

That seller has been running ads like that for years.  It may even be the same guitars for years. 

I wonder what the negotiation is there.   Are these just girls from the neighborhood?  Friends?  Does he sell it as a modeling line for a CV?  

9 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I wonder what the negotiation is there.   Are these just girls from the neighborhood?  Friends?  Does he sell it as a modeling line for a CV?  

It’s Florida, dude. ‘Nuff said. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RobB said:

It’s Florida, dude. ‘Nuff said. 

I lived there myself for years.  I still don't get it, lol.  

Please tell me this is none of you guys

dimebagtuner.png

• Sad 1

Sell the guy a bunch of old guitar magazines and let him search for which tuner Dimebag endorsed. 

On 1/24/2020 at 6:33 PM, LucSulla said:

This drives me nuts.   It's the equivalent of car sellers on Craigslist getting weird about your asking for a VIN - a frikin number everyone in the world can see JUST BY WALKING PAST YOUR CAR.  A serial number is not a fucking social security or credit card number.  Maybe there is some Byzantine scam by which giving out the serial could cause something to happen, but it must almost never happen.  Music stores and most sellers list them, and it isn't like they're getting defrauded left and right.  

But as a buyer, just like I might want to run a Carfax type thing on your VIN, I have some interest in reading your serial number, mostly to see if what you are selling is what it is.  Whatever off chance likelihood there is that I'm going to swindle you out of your guitar by reporting your serial as stolen is dwarfed by the chance that maybe by being stingy with the serial that you might be hiding something. 

Which honestly, isn't that damn likely either, other than sellers not knowing how to read their serials themselves.  Mostly, it just gets on my nerves because it's just more irrational bullshit some in the guitar community seem to think makes some kind of sense. 

Or maybe I'm wrong and all of us giving out our serials on the Shishkov forum are about to get massively get fucked by counterfeiters and con artists. 

spacer.png

I won't buy from someone who does this because I wonder if the seller thinks the guitar might have been stolen at some point.