Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

C'mon Man - Guitar Idiocy from the Interwebs


LucSulla
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, LucSulla said:

The most custom of customs.  Even signed by Neil "Smack You In The Mouth" Diamond. 

image.png

https://reverb.com/item/37760439-gibson-highly-customized-les-paul-signed-by-neil-diamond-natural
 

 

What in the actual fuck...?  I can’t even with the headstock modification and the tuner placement...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If someone really wants to customize a headstock to have the tuners situated to have a straight string alignment with no angle at the nut it is possible to find tuners with longer button shafts.  Having a machinist make something would be better than just cutting out a lot of wood. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

If someone really wants to customize a headstock to have the tuners situated to have a straight string alignment with no angle at the nut it is possible to find tuners with longer button shafts.  Having a machinist make something would be better than just cutting out a lot of wood. 

Refinishing the guitar in turd paste would be better than that Brent-esque modification.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

This thread exists for this.

 

Quote

Also since this started life as a bass there is a slight gap on the bass string side of the neck, my plan was to just get that trimmed down and filled in. Also has a Floyd Rose style bridge and probably would get the route recut and reseat it. The bridge works presently but not really as smoothly as it is supposed to.

image.png

 

image.png

 

All yours for only $2k. 

https://reverb.com/item/43848006-dean-ml-evh-frankenstein-red-white-black-dimebag-darrel-meets-eddie-van-halen

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dana_V said:

Firstly, I bought a Dunable Baphomet pickup for it.

Firstly Meme 1.jpg

 

 

Extra points if, after reading the meme, you couldn't help but say "firstly" out loud in your most regal voice. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"There was some work I was going to have done on it but figured I might see if someone is interested in grabbing it as is."

Yeah, I've bought a couple of those too.  My figuring someone else might (hopefully) be interested in buying it "as is" usually starts the second I unpack it and try to play the POS.

Edited by cynic
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cynic said:

"There was some work I was going to have done on it but figured I might see if someone is interested in grabbing it as is."

Yeah, I've bought a couple of those too.  My figuring someone else might (hopefully) be interested in buying it "as is" usually starts the second I unpack it and try to play the POS.

The best part of this is that I JUST noticed it has a D-Tuna but that he also routed the body under it too, making EXTRA sure it was completely worthless.  Amazing.

image.png

Edited by LucSulla
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, LucSulla said:

It truly is unreal what is permitted on that website. Apparently no scruples at Reverb whatsoever. If they had any, surely they would police their site and bounce assclowns like this into banishment for the protection of their customers and integrity of their site.  Ever since Etsy acquired Reverb, any and all standards have all but disappeared. Bunch of schkullahmukahloons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Extra points if, after reading the meme, you couldn't help but say "firstly" out loud in your most regal voice. 

I actually did just that, except that I followed "Firstly" with "bigly".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dean ML EVH Frankenstein red, white black Dimebag Darrel meets Eddie Van Halen-

And it should be buried (or incinerated) like both of those guys.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t really deal with the levels of assholery over there most days.

If you want proof of Humanity’s descent into shite, read below the line on any news source that still allows commenting, spend a few days on the socials, or visit TGP for an afternoon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cmatthes said:

I can’t really deal with the levels of assholery over there most days.

If you want proof of Humanity’s descent into shite, read below the line on any news source that still allows commenting, spend a few days on the socials, or visit TGP for an afternoon.

Hey! You're describing my daily existence and reason for living! I mean, aside from hanging out on the IMDB to submit farcical user reviews and observations of 70s Saturday morning television (Ex: "As the hijinks accelerate, one wonders if Astro is a cartoon dog or actually a cartoon man in a cartoon dog costume, and if so, is it the same actor that portrayed Scooby Doo?"

dimebagseller.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

(Ex: "As the hijinks accelerate, one wonders if Astro is a cartoon dog or actually a cartoon man in a cartoon dog costume, and if so, is it the same actor that portrayed Scooby Doo?"

Seek help.

Please.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

"As the hijinks accelerate, one wonders if Astro is a cartoon dog or actually a cartoon man in a cartoon dog costume, and if so, is it the same actor that portrayed Scooby Doo?"

Ruh roh.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Jinkies!  I never thought about that!

I'ma bring this round full circle. My next guitar graphic re-fin might be this... Mmm.

10 ideas de Photography | scooby doo, misterio a la orden, libros para  pintar

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Hey! You're describing my daily existence and reason for living! I mean, aside from hanging out on the IMDB to submit farcical user reviews and observations of 70s Saturday morning television (Ex: "As the hijinks accelerate, one wonders if Astro is a cartoon dog or actually a cartoon man in a cartoon dog costume, and if so, is it the same actor that portrayed Scooby Doo?"

dimebagseller.png

I hope he fucking sells that to you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...